Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:14 PM
  • 16 Replies
So I have a problem. Cleaning comssumes my mind 24/7. I have a newborn and toddler and live in a 2 bedroom apartment. I get so anxious not being able to find a room tonstore stuff. My daughter has a million toys that I want to throw away. I have a rabbit that I can not stand and stinks up the house somethimes. Wish I could get rid of it. Anyone have cleaning issues. All Inwant is a clean house with out having to pick up a million times. Can anyone relate?
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:15 PM
When my kids were little I learned to just clean as you go. It can be overwhelming caring for a toddler and keep up with everything. It does get easier as kids grow. Until they become teens lol I got lucky with one kid. She's a neat freak
KatyPaigesMom46
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:29 PM

Cleaning wouldn't be so bad here if it wasn't for the fact I'm either cleaning up after my daughter, my husband dog, or that my dd's room has poor ventaliton and will stink for hours after she poops. And if my garage wasn't so damn cold in the winter to keep up the laundry.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:20 PM
Definitely! I hate all the laundry! Ever since my last baby, I get into nesting mode before my period!
babyboxfish
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:39 PM

ohhhh yes

carolina_gal
by Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 7:58 AM

When my DS was younger, we tried to keep all his toys in one room.  The house was not allowed to be a free for all of Legos, cars and art supplies.  

thecolorBLU3
by Member on Jan. 25, 2017 at 1:29 PM

I have downsized a lot over the years because of it. The question to ask, is do they reeally need all those toys, clothes, etc.... do you really want to keep that pet, etc.... It's just how it is. Also look into some form of vertical storage ideas, baskets, etc that can help you keep it organized better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 25, 2017 at 1:34 PM
Bins, bins, bins!! Downsize!

When I was living with 8 people (3 my kids), I contained their toys and stuff in their rooms. Now in a better situation, ALL toys stay in the playroom. That's the only room that gets trashed now and it's only toys. No clothes or other stuff. Their rooms hardly ever need cleaning.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2017 at 4:12 AM

Quoting babyboxfish:

ohhhh yes

Sissy-Smurf
by Member on Feb. 5, 2017 at 10:02 AM

Yes. lol 

My son is six and my daughter is two. I can relate very well to this post.  My living room is rather large. Feels larger when I mop it. I was mopping it the other day -- I was so proud of myself. . :) I had all the toys up and was mopping my floor, getting it done. My daughter woke from her nap and within two minutes -- her Jack-In-The-Box, a book, and one of her Carebears was on the floor right after it was dried from me mopping. I felt like pulling my hair out but then I told myself as long as it's not food -- I can easily just have her pick them up and put them back in the box where they came from!

How old is your toddler? Maybe get your toddler to help clean up a bit. My daughter sings the Clean Up song from Barney when we are doing chores. :)  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2017 at 3:52 PM
I just purged everything including my own clothes. My kids are left with two pairs of shoes each, 4 toys each, and 9 outfits each. Until they learn to keep their mess to a minimum it isn't being replaced. At all. My kids are 10 & 14 tho
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)