Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grown up and no close friends

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:10 PM
  • 16 Replies
3 moms liked this
I am blessed and I don't like to complain but sometimes when I m upset I just want to pour my heart out to someone or complain to someone and I just don't have anyone I can do that with. One of my best friends is busy with Her life and family and we just don't live close or have a chance to get together often. My other best friend doesn't have kids and is single and we have just grown apart. My husband is wonderful in so many ways, but wheneve I am upset he usually gets upset too and/or somehow takes offense that I am upset for whatever reason. Am I the only one who feels like when you grow up you just end up without a true best friend that can be your confidant like when you're younger?
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
g33k
by on Jan. 19, 2017 at 8:34 AM

unfortunately, no. i have a wonderful group of girlfriends and we're close.  

you should reach out to your best friend and make an effort to see each other at least once a month.  that's what we do - we have monthly dinners to ensure that we stay in contanct and we always get together for birthdays etc.

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 4:20 PM
It happens. As you get older you either find yourself with more friends or less. Friends come and go
joshsgirl12
by Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 4:21 PM
I'm sorry your going through that, I know know how you feel though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 4:23 PM
It took me years as an adult to make friends. Now I have several acquaintances, a few friends, and a really close friend I can tell anything.
I love having friends.
TheMilkMachine
by on Jan. 19, 2017 at 7:08 PM
2 moms liked this

No, You're not alone, missing a special friend to confide to. I would imagine there are a lot of us. I guess, living so far from my family and friends, is why I get what you are saying. 

This Board is a good place to start, and another suggestion, find a Mom's Group in your area.

Being lonely has forced me to lean close to the Lord, and reach out to my second family; our church. Still, it helps to have someone who is going through similar things that other Mommies are.

So glad you are asking. Blessings.

502Amandab
by Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 7:16 PM

I'm the same way..sometimes I do really miss being able to just sit and gab with someone, or when I'm upset (like you said) having that person to call and vent to..I didn't have that problem when I worked, but then it became a bigger problem.  I would come in and bitch about my SO, and petty stuff..and eventually everyone I worked with hated him and had this negative image of him because I only talked bad (I take full responsibility there).

So now I don't talk to anyone..while this has been amazing for my relationship with him, sometimes it does take a toll on me.  I have been trying tot alk to him more..which is awesome.  but yeah, i know what you mean

coala
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 7:31 PM

My BFF is still my confidant.  If I need her I call her.  I sent her text in the middle of the day and said I needed to talk....I don't need to talk often and she knows that.  She called me on her lunch break and helped me to see things clearly.  I had spoken to my SO about what was going on, but he really couldn't understand what I was going through like someone who is going through the same issue.  I'm so grateful to have her!!!

Shai4710
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2017 at 4:42 PM

It's hard but it happens. You have to make an effort to get out and meet people. 

KenneMaw
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2017 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

It is hard because we often get so busy with our own lives. 

shannonmarch
by on Jan. 20, 2017 at 4:51 PM

It definitely becomes harder to maintain friendships as your family grows, but it's SO important for the exact reasons you say.  We all need that friend to vent to!  Call your bestie and get something scheduled, tell her you need her and I bet she'll find a way to make time for you.  My girlfriends and I meet for a glass of wine once a month at 8 PM after we've all put the littles to bed.  Maybe that could work for you? 

In the meantime, I am a huge advocate for pen-pals.  As a stay-at-home mom it's nice to put pen to paper and snail mail something to a new friend in a new place.  If you need a resource for finding one, let me know!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)