Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

paying a high price

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
I don't know if this is a vent, but, I need to let this out. I don't feel as though I am a good fit for my husband. Whenever he talks to me, I tune him out by being on my phone.

I made the decision years ago to shut myself away from everyone and now, I feel as though I am paying a high price.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:21 PM

Did you do that while you were dating him on your dates? 

roosmommy101212
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Perhaps it's time to put the phone down and get some counseling then
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:44 PM
Currently, I am in counseling. It's just that he is critical of everything that I say, do and wear. He is very opinionated, where I am not.

Quoting roosmommy101212: Perhaps it's time to put the phone down and get some counseling then
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

He sounds like a douche bag.  I wouldn't want to be around someone who critized me day in and day out either.  I'd do more than tune him out though.  I'd leave him.

502Amandab
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I just love how people without knowing you or your situation always jumps at the opportunity to suggest divorce. Way to go people,that's what marriage is about. (Insert slow sarcastic clap here)

You should talk to him, sit down and talk about how you feel. Don't hold back, but don't yell at him or anything. Let him get out what he has to say and you get out what you have to say. Seek counseling together and maybe apart..You have to work on you before you can work on each other but they are both important.
Handsup4
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I think that if you stay with someone who is overly critical then you will eventually start to tune them out as you did, or you will start attacking them as soon as you even hear a remotely negative thing come out of their mouth. Neither is healthy. You should not be the one in counseling, your husband should. I'm assuming your love for him has faded to next to nothing. Am I right?
roosmommy101212
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, I don't know you, but from one mom to another. You're beautiful, obviously a hard worker, and no man should ever make you feel less than that. Keep fighting the good fight. And don'tet him put you down. We are a product of our environment. So of that environment is negative, sometimes we have to get out.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Currently, I am in counseling. It's just that he is critical of everything that I say, do and wear. He is very opinionated, where I am not.

Quoting roosmommy101212: Perhaps it's time to put the phone down and get some counseling then
illogicalkat
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see that. I see one person explaining that she would not live with a person she has to "tune out".

Although I do think that if one party refuses counseling to attempt to fix the marriage, there isn't much choice but to separate. Both people have to want to change things, in order for the marriage to work.

Quoting 502Amandab: I just love how people without knowing you or your situation always jumps at the opportunity to suggest divorce. Way to go people,that's what marriage is about. (Insert slow sarcastic clap here)

You should talk to him, sit down and talk about how you feel. Don't hold back, but don't yell at him or anything. Let him get out what he has to say and you get out what you have to say. Seek counseling together and maybe apart..You have to work on you before you can work on each other but they are both important.
Kjsmomma32
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:17 PM

no one said you had to stay married.

Valentina327
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:32 PM
I can see that ... kind of your way of dealing with constant criticism and not letting it drive you nuts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)