Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CPS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
I'm actually here for my daughter. She had her son early on January 5th, the baby was sent to NICU bc of too much magnesium bc my daughter had high blood pressure and a fever. her boyfriend was there the whole time till the day she left. Anyhow my daughter has a learning disability as her boyfriend does too. He looks scruffy as well. Anyhow something's happened one in being the social worker kept showing up every day to see if she was ok, bc she also suffers from bipolar 2. She continually told them no. Then she was asked if she wanted to have a public nurse go out to see the baby, she said no because she got a pediatrician. That raised eyebrows to CPS. While in NICU the nurses treated her as though she didn't know anything. Some words were twisted around from the nurse. They called CPS to give them some twisted lies about my daughter. Then my daughter went to NICU to see the baby, when her boyfriend went to NICU to see if my daughter was there, they refused to tell him and wouldn't even let him in. He got upset, again another call to CPS, then the day my daughter was released they both went in to see the baby, when my daughter got back to the room all her stuff was packed from the hospital and told her to leave. Later in the afternoon CPS shows up and my husband lets them in which was the first mistake, she started to interrogate my daughters boyfriend he then said he was finished. Then CPS started to ask my daughter all kinds of questions, does she know how to feed a baby, why is she breastfeeding, who's going to take care of the baby, etc, etc later in the evening they went back and they told her to do some things and she didn't do them quite right, again another call to CPS. I called CPS to ask them what was going on, then she started to ask me questions, such as does my daughter have a learning disability bc she seems off, does she know how to feed a baby, measure formula, if my husband or myself going to be with the baby and why is she breastfeeding if she is on medication and why she refused a public doctor. I explained everything to her. Then the last night my daughters boyfriend went to see the baby, somehow the feeding tube got removed and of course my daughters boyfriend got blamed that he removed the feeding tube twice, then my daughters boyfriend got upset that his nurse was touching the soft spot real hard, he kind of yelled at the nurse. Again another call to CPS. Then last week the social worker told my daughter wanted to talk to her. Of course my daughter got real upset. So she met with CPS in the hospital, then my husband and I did as well. CPS said that my daughters boyfriend had to move out otherwise they would have to open an investigation, so we had to kick him out in the pouring rain. Also we were told when we bring the baby home to call CPS so she could see the baby at the home environment.. what can I do in this situation, I feel my daughter is being picked on 1st because she is low income, then because of her disability.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katydid150
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:42 PM
Get a lawyer
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:50 PM
I wish we could afford one, they are expensive here in California retainer fee is around 2500.00 and no payments
mom23heathens
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:57 PM
Ok, what exactly did the social worker tell your daughter to do at the home that she didn't do to their liking? And, did she happen to take any kind of class at the hospital while she was pregnant? Most hospitals have some kind of parenting class that's offered for free. Is the baby still in the hospital?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:59 PM
It sounds like you really need a lawyer in this situation.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wish we could afford one, they are expensive here in California retainer fee is around 2500.00 and no payments
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

The hospital; social worker and CPS are seeing something we all aren't seeing and are just trying to protect the infant child.  How old is your daughter and the boyfriend?  What disabilities do they have?

Majesticflute84
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:56 PM
My suggestion would be to do as CPS says and cooperate with them without getting angry and showing anger towards them. Unfortunately it doesn't matter who called them or why because they are already envolved and they are not going away unless you and your family do as they say, so you can be rid of them. I know it's a pain but do what you have to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:00 PM

Get a lawyer, quick and fast and have the lawyer be present when CPS wants to talk to your daughter.

roosmommy101212
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:28 PM
Maybe also see if your daughter is able to take some parenting classes. Not that she needs them, but it's a really good thing to be able to tell the state that she voluntarily took a course that could only strengthen her parenting skills.
Kjsmomma32
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:20 PM

do as they say and follow what they say to a "T" and get parenting classes for your daughter and the dad. that will show they're trying or if anything be the one who takes the baby in case cps takes the baby from them until things get resolved and they can be parents. cause i think if cps tries to remove a baby they try to see if family will step in first. if the baby goes to foster care or the state you all may never see the baby again.

mama_danetta
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:27 PM
Obviously there is a reason CPS is being called. That many reports would not be made unless something was wrong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)