Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you feel when you see this and what will you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

Mobile Photo

Heat do you think when you see a grown up family member (not husband) throw a big plastic bag in the trash can and leave it like this?? What will you do?
I am so tired of seeing full trash can with nonsense large trash in it!
In case you want to know, it's a medium trash can for the kitchen.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:49 PM

I tell them to take out the trash and put in a fresh liner.  

It's normally not something I get annoyed about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:06 PM
Maybe it's because I am so tired of they don't put effort into keeping public area in the house clean and just rely on me doing it.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I tell them to take out the trash and put in a fresh liner.  

It's normally not something I get annoyed about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I would be upset that the bag did not go back into the drawer for reusable bags or into the recycle.
CheerioHolder
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:10 PM
4 moms liked this
I would just take the trash out. It's not something I find to be worth being upset over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:51 PM

Growing up when you lived with your parents did you empty out the trash for them?

K3412
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:57 PM
I wouldn't think anything of it. I would ask DH to take out the trash when it was convenient or I would take it out. I guess I fail to see what it's a big issue?
rylee_pies_mama
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly if your like me it's going to kill you to do this but let it go, make them change it show them they can't rely on you to do it!! And yes I know easier said than done but you teach people how to treat you so start teaching them something different for your sanity!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2017 at 11:24 AM
My husband briefly talked to them long time ago, it was a little better for a while, but soon forgotten. They never clean up public area in the house now. By the way, They are my sister in law and her husband. ☹️
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2017 at 11:46 AM
That's a good question. Rarely, as I recall now. However, I moved out as soon as I finished my college. Besides, I am not their mom! They are 30 to 40 years old.
I know these house chores we do every day with or without them. However, their behavior doubled my work. It's like having 2 more kids at home.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Growing up when you lived with your parents did you empty out the trash for them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2017 at 11:51 AM
Me, too. It irritates me when I see recyclable material in the trash can. Our recycle bin is just next to the trash can! How come they can be so lazy?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I would be upset that the bag did not go back into the drawer for reusable bags or into the recycle.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)