Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please control your screaming children

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

I'm pregnant, and feel strongly about keeping my children away from places that aren't appropriate unless they can behave!

I think it's terrible to hear children screaming while out for dinner, in libraries, offices and so on. I wouldn't subject other people to my child's noise. It's terrible to have a toddler running up and down a plane! Not to mention dangerous! 

If they can't behave, they aren't allowed to come along. Obviously this is for children that can control themselves, not an 8 month old baby! 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:28 PM
7 moms liked this

You won't take your kids anywhere unless they can behave like perfect angels? Good luck with that. 

Seriously, even the best behaved kids will have bad days. And even the parents who attempt to defuse the situation ir remove the screaming child, will be vilified for being in public with a child who screamed at all - it doesn't matter that they tried to stop it, they're horrible parents because their kid screamed even once. I was cussed out because my three-year-old had a meltdown at the grocery store, and I picked him up and carried him out - literally kicking and screaming, and some asshole felt the need to stop me at the door to call me a "fucking bitch" and threaten to "beat some sense into [my child]". 

And, an airplane? Seriously? Kids cry on airplanes. Kids scream. Toddlers don't understand why their ears hurt, they only know they are in pain. Whether they are in their car seats (as they should be) or in their parent's lap, they will cry because they hurt.

How long have you been a mother, again?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
If you're upset over a crying baby. STAY HOME!
young_lv_mom
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
How many kids do you have?
Kjsmomma14
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:25 PM
So you will stay out of malls stores banks and daily life places ? Eventually your perfect kid will be a brat . Get used to it . our son behaves cause we parent but kids have good and bad days . Get over it or stay home .

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I'm pregnant, and feel strongly about keeping my children away from places that aren't appropriate unless they can behave!

I think it's terrible to hear children screaming while out for dinner, in libraries, offices and so on. I wouldn't subject other people to my child's noise. It's terrible to have a toddler running up and down a plane! Not to mention dangerous! 

If they can't behave, they aren't allowed to come along. Obviously this is for children that can control themselves, not an 8 month old baby! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:56 PM
Every child has a bad day when they are out. I got lucky the only time our son was on a plane he was a year old and had tubes in so his ears didn't hurt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:59 PM
None of your kids have ever acted up in public?
Minimap
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 7:04 AM
She doesn't even have any kids, she's ONLY pregnant!! Hahahahs

Quoting Anonymous 5: None of your kids have ever acted up in public?
Minimap
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 7:22 AM
3 moms liked this
I have 2 sons and raised them for the first 5 years exactly the same. I was fairly strict when they were younger to try to instill boundaries and acceptable behaviors. My first son was the kind of child parents dream of, a text book baby. No sleep problems, no behavior problems, no tantrums in the aisles of the supermarket...not ever. He turns 18 this year and can safely say there is no chance of this ever happening. The other child....let's just say, if I had these children the other way around, there would only be one child, not 2. We used to eat out a lot, that stopped when my youngest was less than a year old, he would have a tantrum anywhere and everywhere. We deliberately took holidays in our own country because no one could stand the thought of being trapped on a plane with him and he was 6 before we gave this a go....a 2 hour flight and 4 adults in our party to pass him round to keep him entertained. He'll turn 13 thus year and I'd like to say he's changed...he hasn't. He still needs lots of distraction, he still shouts and screams when he's angry, which has got him into trouble especially at school. When you speak to him afterwards he knows he shouldn't do these things and is mortified about some of the things he's missed out of due to punishment, but with the best will in the world, 2 doting professional parents, a stable upbringing, 4 very involved loving grandparents and involvement of healthcare professionals, he is still like this. So, I'd like to say I hope you get the model child you're expecting, but I don't. For looking down your nose at parents who are struggling and doing their very best, I hope you get the most obnoxious, disobedient, snotty nosed brat in the world and I hope they make you eat those words!!
sunflower3129
by Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 8:56 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 16, 2017 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Shit, even when my kids were babies who couldn't control themselves, *I* controlled the situation. No one wants to hear screaming infants, I've left restaurants before. No big deal to me, I enjoy knowing that I'm not being an asshole in public.

As for older kids, I've never had an issue. Ever. I've told the kids from day 1 what was expected of them and what will happen if they misbehave. I never back down, never give in, and I'm always consistent. They know better than to even try me. They're 8 and 14 now, neither of them have ever acted up in public. As babies they've cried, and I've left places if they couldn't be calmed, but there have been no public tantrums or crazy running away antics. I don't tolerate tantrums AT ALL, I have zero tolerance for bullshit and nonsense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)