Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Target's Change To Baby Registry

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I live in East Texas,

I filled out my Baby Registry on-line for my Shower in February. (Last week) 

I had decided on Target because it offered a gift bag, Coupons and a discount on all items purchased before the due date.  So the Ad said. Now Since I live in a small town, I had to make a 1 hour drive to our closest Target store. Which could be worth it for all the perks advertised.  

When I got there guess what I found out.

Tyler Texas Stores are doing a new trial run that is supposed to go nation wide next month. NO more coupons and discounts. NO!

you get a booklet filled with all the baby items and barcodes so you can sit down with the scanner and add what you want. and ONE coupon for a cup of coffee at Starbucks. 

COFFEE? You mean the stuff Every OBGYN and MIDWIFE I have ever had tells you to limit or stop drinking because of risks of Premature Labor?

WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS SMART?

I'm sorry, it was a lot easier for me to fill out the registry at home on-line in my PJ's than to go to your store and Sit in the coffee shop and watch my husband get a free coffee. 

Anyone else think this soon change is ridiculous? 

IF so Contact Target and let them know you don't want this change. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:39 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:39 PM

I've never been told to stop drinking coffee while pregnant. At least, not by a medical professional. Only by sanctimommies on Cafemom and BabyCenter.

But as for Target - the chances of you even getting the "gift bag" was pretty slim to begin with. I live in a moderately-sized city, there are at least a half-dozen Target stores, none of them ever stocked the gift packs. 

ETA: it would have saved you a lot of trouble to call the store before you drove an hour, to make sure they had the packet you wanted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:35 PM
Why do expect people to buy you things for your baby?
Shadowgirl113
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I liked the little bags they did and I still have the 15% registry coupon somewhere in my car.... hmm... need to find that.

I'm sad they're trying to do away with it.
Bitemebetty
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly it probably because people lie for the free bags.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)