Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Third wheel

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
Hi. I have a friend who makes plans with our friend Janet. This friend met Janet through me and our book club. I don't mind that they make separate plans. I do mind though when this friends mentions her plans with Janet but does not invite me. I met this friend Saturday for lunch. She said on Sunday Janet was coming over. We could go for a walk after. I said no thanks. Wfh. So f$@&$g rude. She also said via text my homecake cake was too dry. It wasn't. I just think she's super rude to mention these plans but not invite me. She should just keep her big mouth shut. Thanks for letting me vent
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:02 PM

I always share my friends & by that I mean I introduce everyone and make sure they know I don't have a problem with them being friends with or w/o me! They only thing I am possessive about is my man! I would not have been offended but that's just me :) About the cake idk why your friend said that I guess its better that you know vs. make her the same kind of cake again, for the rest of her life LOL. I also tell my friends to tell me the truth and not to worry about hurting my feelings either. If I offended them I want to know period and its a 2 way street. I never fight with my friends because of my stance. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:23 PM
Thanks. I just think if they make side plans and not invite me they should shut up about it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:29 PM

Would you rather they snuck around and kept it secret?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks. I just think if they make side plans and not invite me they should shut up about it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

This seems kind of childish, honestly. Of course people are going to have other friends, and make plans to do things with them. She tried ot make time for you, you declined. Ok, no drama...except you making it out to be.

As for the cake? Well, honestly, most people have a very difficult time taking criticism on their cooking skills. The cake probably was too dry for her taste. Oh well. Don't make that kind of cake for her. Problem solved.

Even easier? Stop chasing these friends! They're probably trying to avoid your drama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:51 PM
No drama on my end. Lack of courtesy on hers though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:53 PM
2 moms liked this
You sound like a petulant child. You don't have to be involved in every outing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 2:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Your vent would suggest otherwise. You are acting like an 8th grade girl.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No drama on my end. Lack of courtesy on hers though
Grnyann65
by Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 2:41 PM

On the surface, your post does sound petty, and childish, however....

I have had a similar situation. So, without going into much detail, I can tell you....I can relate. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 2:54 PM
Ok but I don't think I sounded childish
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:07 PM

Time to distance yourself from these friends and make new ones or you just be hearing about their plans.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)