Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be upset?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
My DD went for surgery today she had her tonsils removed/adnoids scraped. She currently resides with her dad & step mom and I get her every other weekend.Now I was told she was going for surgery just the date no time and wasn't told which hospital I had to get that info out of them soon as I found out I told them I WILL BE THERE. I also had asked if I could keep her for the week she would be off to take care of her plus be with her since Im off work right now plus Im close to the hospital and the doctor who did the surgery so if an emergency shall arrise Im close by. My question was ignored so I waited a bit then asked again they then said that dad is off work(laid off) too so he will take care of her. I'm pretty sure they never even talked to her about this. At the hospital her step mom brought her dad didn't come he had an appointment he had to be at today luckily I was there because I had to give consent she wouldn't have been able too. Each time the nurse came over to speak they went directly to her I wasn't acknowledged at all so I spoke up told them that I am her mom and I have every right to know too. Same as the doctor step mom didn't even say this is my step daughters mom nope she just acted as if I wasn't even there. When the nurse came to let us know we could see her she didn't even speak to me she went right to step mom and said she could see her now anf this nurse was already told I'm mom so I spoke up and said again I'm mom and I would like to see my daughter first she just looked and told me well step mom can go first and i can see her next. I was just crushed honestly if i was in my daughters step moms shoes i would kindly stepped back and said no let mom go in first i can see her after. She sees her all the time but since this arrangement i have been feeling like she is trying to push me further and further away. Maybe im over reacting maybe Im not but this just really crushed me.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Grnyann65
by Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:43 PM

Yes. I would be upset. 

alli1204
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:47 PM
Yes I would be upset. Why does she live with them?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:49 PM
I relocated for work DD was unsure if she wanted to move or stay so we discussed about trying this out see how it goes its not permanent or written in stone it was done thru mediation and this month we can revise the plan since its been a year. So I will be definitely be bringing all this up.

Quoting alli1204: Yes I would be upset. Why does she live with them?
kman88
by Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:59 PM

I'm assuming step mom didn't adopt her. I would have flipped on the doctors. You were the only biological parent there. YOU should have been told about all her updates, and seen her first. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:14 PM
Nope she just assumes she has all rights to her. Very frustrating and i think the nurses and doctor could tell.

Quoting kman88:

I'm assuming step mom didn't adopt her. I would have flipped on the doctors. You were the only biological parent there. YOU should have been told about all her updates, and seen her first. 

kman88
by Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

legally, the doctor and nurses should not have been talking to her without your consent, let alone talking to her FIRST!!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Nope she just assumes she has all rights to her. Very frustrating and i think the nurses and doctor could tell.
Quoting kman88:

Mommytoobeagain
by on Apr. 11, 2017 at 9:19 PM
I agree with this. I would sue, but, I'm petty.

Quoting kman88:

legally, the doctor and nurses should not have been talking to her without your consent, let alone talking to her FIRST!!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Nope she just assumes she has all rights to her. Very frustrating and i think the nurses and doctor could tell.

Quoting kman88:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)