Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im done being MOM

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I hate being mom right now. I don't know who I am anymore. I'm yelling and screaming and breaking down. I wanna cry and scream I need a break.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Glitch202
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

How old are your kids.  If they are old enough to be left alone, get in your car and go for a drive.  If you need to hire a babysitter and get out for awhile.  You need to have at least one day a month that is just for you.  I decided that when I was 38 and I was babysitting my grand kids and taking care of my dying dad.  My husband was over the road and only home a few days a month.  My entire life became kids and my dying dad.  I decided that I needed one day just for me, so I made it happen.  When the stress became too much for me and my doctor advised me to quit watching my grand kids my daughter did not like it.  She just left the next morning, leaving me with the kids.  My doctor told me that if she did it again to call CPS, and yes, I was living with her and her husband, and paying half of the bills.  It was amazing how quickly she found another sitter for the kids until she could find a day care she liked and worked with her hours!

You are going to have to take care of yourself if you went to be a good mom. That is all there is to it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2017 at 12:08 AM
They are 9, 5, and 2.

The 9yr old has anger issues and doesn't sleep at all except maybe 4-5hrs Max and that's in increments.

I also take care of my mom and sister.

My better half just started a job today. Sigh maybe with him working I can make time now. It's just hard.

Quoting Glitch202:

How old are your kids.  If they are old enough to be left alone, get in your car and go for a drive.  If you need to hire a babysitter and get out for awhile.  You need to have at least one day a month that is just for you.  I decided that when I was 38 and I was babysitting my grand kids and taking care of my dying dad.  My husband was over the road and only home a few days a month.  My entire life became kids and my dying dad.  I decided that I needed one day just for me, so I made it happen.  When the stress became too much for me and my doctor advised me to quit watching my grand kids my daughter did not like it.  She just left the next morning, leaving me with the kids.  My doctor told me that if she did it again to call CPS, and yes, I was living with her and her husband, and paying half of the bills.  It was amazing how quickly she found another sitter for the kids until she could find a day care she liked and worked with her hours!

You are going to have to take care of yourself if you went to be a good mom. That is all there is to it. 

Glitch202
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 12:15 AM

Lack of sleep is going to make everything harder.  Have you taken him to a doctor to find out why he is not sleeping?  I have anxiety issues and that was interferring with my sleep patterns.  His lack of sleep could have something to do with his anger issues too.  I am no doctor, just speaking from my own experience.  

So what is going on with your mom and sister?  Hugs.  I hope your family gets the help that you need.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They are 9, 5, and 2. The 9yr old has anger issues and doesn't sleep at all except maybe 4-5hrs Max and that's in increments. I also take care of my mom and sister. My better half just started a job today. Sigh maybe with him working I can make time now. It's just hard.
Quoting Glitch202:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2017 at 8:51 AM
My aunt is two faced and kicked my mom out while she was trying to get back on her feet and my sister is special needs. I have tried for a sleep study and insurance has denied it twice saying there isn't sufficient enough evidence that he needs one. He is on prescription sleep meds and that barely helps

Quoting Glitch202:

Lack of sleep is going to make everything harder.  Have you taken him to a doctor to find out why he is not sleeping?  I have anxiety issues and that was interferring with my sleep patterns.  His lack of sleep could have something to do with his anger issues too.  I am no doctor, just speaking from my own experience.  

So what is going on with your mom and sister?  Hugs.  I hope your family gets the help that you need.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They are 9, 5, and 2.

The 9yr old has anger issues and doesn't sleep at all except maybe 4-5hrs Max and that's in increments.

My better half just started a job today. Sigh maybe with him working I can make time now. It's just hard.

Quoting Glitch202:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2017 at 3:26 AM

What's going on?  How old are the kids? 

Hope you're feeling better now.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I hate being mom right now. I don't know who I am anymore. I'm yelling and screaming and breaking down. I wanna cry and scream I need a break.

JasonsMommy215
by Member on Apr. 17, 2017 at 8:17 AM

You are not alone sweetie. As moms, I think we have all been there. It sounds like you have  a lot on your plate right now. I hope everything gets better for you. <3

Southernmom924
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2017 at 3:54 AM

Yeah. I feel ya. The whole wife/mom thing didn't really work out for me this week, either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 22, 2017 at 4:37 AM

Yelling and screaming is doing no one any good

You have to calm down and get a hold of yourself before CPS comes and takes your children away and you won't have to worry about being mom anymore

Your mom and sister have to understand that your children come first and they can pitch in and help if they are living with you

mel4him
by on Apr. 22, 2017 at 6:40 AM

As a mom, I think this happens to all of us at one time or another. I encourage you to find yourself some me time somewhere in your daily life. Relax and do something for self even if that means hiring a sitter.

SaskMummy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2017 at 6:43 AM
Ugh 2 is the worst age!.. I have an almost two year old , a 5 year old and a 9&10 year old.. I find the two younger ones exhausting!

Quoting Anonymous 1: They are 9, 5, and 2.

Quoting Glitch202:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)