Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mexican Kids Are Taking Over Our Schools!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 330 Replies
5 moms liked this

I can't get my daughter into our district's public pre-school program, because, she speaks ENGLISH as a first language. Uggghhh!!! It's not my fault that people move to this country, refuse to learn the language, and then refuse to teach it to their kids. Then those kids are considered "at risk" and are given higher priority. So the rest of us that actually PAY the property taxes so that their kids can go to school in the first place - are just screwed. It was the same with my older daughter when I tried to get her into the summer day camps through the city's Parks and Recreation programs. Mexican kids who didn't speak English were given first priority. I'm not by any means, a fan of President Trump, but, I'm beginning to applaud his kicking all of the illegals out of the country. 

I know this post sounds like I'm racist and/or bigoted. I'm not. I'm just super-frustrated that my child is denied education and learning, because, she freakin' speaks English.

Rant over.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2017 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 12:47 AM
3 moms liked this
Gross. You are gross.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 1:12 AM
6 moms liked this
That's like saying that you are upset that the kids with the disabilities get placed in preschool before other kids. Those children do need more help. Why blame the young children for something you are mad at their parents for?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
It's fucking pre school. She can color and glue torn up paper to herself at home.

Ever thought of doing a part time home school thing with her? Surely you can manage colors and counting on your own...
Mrs.Pedro
by Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 1:18 AM
3 moms liked this
This. And way to assume they're not trying to teach/learn English on their own... And that they must be illegal.

None of my kids went/will go to preschool, because they're neurotypical and not at risk/impoverished. I'd have to pay. So I taught them as much as I could before kinder, and just hoped for the best. So far so good.

Quoting Anonymous 3: That's like saying that you are upset that the kids with the disabilities get placed in preschool before other kids. Those children do need more help. Why blame the young children for something you are mad at their parents for?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2017 at 1:19 AM
7 moms liked this

Ummmmmm..........not being able to speak the language is NOT  a fucking disability. I have a disabled child and it's not even close to being the same thing. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: That's like saying that you are upset that the kids with the disabilities get placed in preschool before other kids. Those children do need more help. Why blame the young children for something you are mad at their parents for?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2017 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

That's not the fucking point at all. And yes, a lot of them are illegal.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: This. And way to assume they're not trying to teach/learn English on their own... And that they must be illegal. None of my kids went/will go to preschool, because they're neurotypical and not at risk/impoverished. I'd have to pay. So I taught them as much as I could before kinder, and just hoped for the best. So far so good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 1:21 AM
6 moms liked this
With every response, you just get worse.
Gross was the perfect descriptor for you. Racists always are.
Mrs.Pedro
by Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 1:30 AM
3 moms liked this
Disability or not, a child of that age that doesn't yet speak english(or very little at least) DOES need the extra help. Hence, why they're considered "at risk". She didn't say it was the same, so quit being obtuse.

Would you be saying these things about children from Germany, Switzerland etc. if they were utilizing the help to get their child caught up and ready for school?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Ummmmmm..........not being able to speak the language is NOT  a fucking disability. I have a disabled child and it's not even close to being the same thing. 

Jamie1972
by Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 1:35 AM
I used to live in SoCal. The preschool my kids went to was in a heavily Hispanic populated area. When we moved a few years later my kids kept asking where are all the Hispanic kids at? They were so used to being the only, maybe a few of, white kids in their grade they had no clue how to deal with kids in a predominately white area. Just wished I paid more attention to the moms or my neighbors maybhave picked up more Spanish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 1:37 AM
Are you in California?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)