Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF? What do I do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

So I'm sitting here relaxing and suddenly my gum between two of my molars starts pouring blood, to the point that it is all I can taste and I have to keep spitting it out because it's too much to sanely swallow for about 5 minutes. It finally stopped after I rinsed my mouth a bunch of times. 

WTF just happened and why?

Has this happened to you? Should I go to the dentist? 

UPDATE:

Thank you for your support. I was pretty freaked out. I went to the dentist and it is not an abscess although they want to follow up again next week. I probably got something stuck in there that irritated the gum and as I was drinking my La Croix (please don't judge I've been addicted to these things since the 90s when I was a kid) it probably dislodged. Better safe than sorry. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sha_lyn68
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you had an abscess fistula. Basically you have an abscessed tooth root and the pressure from the infection became so great that it forced its way to the surface. Yes you need to see a dentist
MistyMoo
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:26 PM
Yup. I'd definitely go to a dentist!

Quoting sha_lyn68: Sounds like you had an abscess fistula. Basically you have an abscessed tooth root and the pressure from the infection became so great that it forced its way to the surface. Yes you need to see a dentist
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll call in the morning. I haven't had any problems or pain at all. This is nuts.

Quoting sha_lyn68: Sounds like you had an abscess fistula. Basically you have an abscessed tooth root and the pressure from the infection became so great that it forced its way to the surface. Yes you need to see a dentist
sweetfox3
by Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 8:00 AM
ER. Abscess is not something to play around with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2017 at 10:07 AM

I have an appointment at 2 if I can find a sitter. There isn't any pain. I'm hoping it's not ab abcess.

Quoting sweetfox3: ER. Abscess is not something to play around with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2017 at 10:26 PM
Thanks for your advice. I don't have an abscess thankfully. The dentist was super confused by my bleeding and I'm going for a follow up. Apparently hormones can make you bleed and that's the current best guess.
sha_lyn68
by Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad to hear it's not an abscess.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks for your advice. I don't have an abscess thankfully. The dentist was super confused by my bleeding and I'm going for a follow up. Apparently hormones can make you bleed and that's the current best guess.
Shai4710
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 11:09 PM

Got the same problem. I'm seeing a dentist. 

Dardenella
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2017 at 12:00 AM

go to the dentist

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 21, 2017 at 9:52 PM
Perhaps you should have your blood pressure checked if they haven't already.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)