Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's not the same!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
On my way to work this morning I dropped my kiddos off with my mom, like every morning. This morning was different, they are going out of state with my parents for a week....A WEEK! So, as I'm hugging and kissing them and telling them how much I love them and will miss them I start to cry. I would say it's just my hormones from being pregnant, but no, I will truly miss my kids. This will be the longest I will be away from them and I'm dreading it.

Instead of taking the day off, like originally planned, i cried all the way to work. I have cried off and on all morning. I am useless here today.

Boss man came to me and asked what was wrong and I told him and he said, "what are you going to do when they move out?" They are 9 and 7! That is not the same! I haven't been away from them for more than two nights! I want to go home and spend time with them before they leave, but no, I'm needed here instead.

I could kill those two guys that quit and ruined the day off I was suppose to have!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:00 PM

Oh no...maybe that is exacerbated by the hormones. It's the first time you've been away from them for an extended period of time so it's understandable to be upset. 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2017 at 10:58 AM

Aw, hugs!

Just remind yourself of how much fun they are going to have. And, make sure you plan some fun things for yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 15, 2017 at 2:56 PM
Went to the beach with my sister for the day. Got but fun.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Aw, hugs!

Just remind yourself of how much fun they are going to have. And, make sure you plan some fun things for yourself.

ZamilyMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2017 at 9:20 AM

You are right... it's not the same. Having kids go away for the week is probably so much easier than having your kids move out!

skoda1993
by on Jul. 16, 2017 at 10:14 AM

Hey, I cried like a baby when my dh took our oldest, he was 2 at the time, to my inlaws for the first time without me. They were only going to be gone for a weekend.

I am sending my oldest off to church camp for the 3rd year in a row this afternoon. First year, dh went with and was a councelor, last year, he went by himself and that was hard but he did great! I know he will be just fine. He's almost 12.

Enjoy your time alone. Get some rest and go on a few dates with your dh!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2017 at 11:08 PM
I must not love my kids as much. I sent them away for 2 weeks to grandparents while we moved and I didnt shed a single tear
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 8:17 PM

Yay! Good for you!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Went to the beach with my sister for the day. Got but fun.
Quoting amonkeymom:

Aw, hugs!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 19, 2017 at 2:57 AM
Aww, you have every right to cry. I k is how you feel. I am also pregnant, and my 4 year old went to spend 2 months (!!!!!!!) With his grandparents in another state! I was having a lot if stress and it was affecting my health, so I know it's for the best. But I miss my little bug. I cry everyday and I just want to hold him so badly!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)