Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need resources for single mother (Michigan)

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm a single mother of two wonderful kids (5 & 1). Looking for some resources or advice that I can get. I can no longer work after my baby was about 6 months old due to losing my house and car all in one day. One reason it's hard for me to work is because no one will help with keeping my child while I work and I don't have transportation to get both kids to different locations to work. My child is very spoiled cause all he knows is me so family and friends won't keep him. So even making appointments and interviews is hard. I get belittled a lot by family, it seems like they want so much from me but I can't get anything in return. My aunt always wants me to keep her child while she works but I can't get that in return. Or even count on her to get my baby to a appointment. At this point I'm so stressed and depressed that I have chunks of hair falling out. Face is breaking out horribly. I live with my grandmother in her apartment who doesn't want me or my kids there. I'm at a dead end hitting a brick wall. I've applied for assistance from dhs got denied. Idk where else to try
by on Jul. 16, 2017 at 8:36 PM
Replies (41-47):
3gr8tKids
by Member on Jul. 18, 2017 at 6:10 PM
Where in Michigan do you live?
Scustard91
by Member on Jul. 18, 2017 at 7:11 PM
Warren, Mi

Quoting 3gr8tKids: Where in Michigan do you live?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 18, 2017 at 9:32 PM

This.  

And it sounds like it's your fault no one will watch your child.  You need to work on that child's behavior, now. 

Quoting Anonymous 5:

You say you can't get a job, so...yeah, you're admitting to it.  Let them live with their father, so that you can get a job and properly support your family.

Hell, you can't even take care of yourself.  You're literally falling apart.

Quoting Scustard91: Never said I can't take care of them. So please stop ✋🏾
Quoting Anonymous 5:

If you can't take care of your kids, why aren't they living with their father?

ReedusStalker
by Mrs.Reedus on Jul. 18, 2017 at 9:34 PM

I can completely understand why your family doesn't want to help you.  

Quoting Scustard91: I don't let my child get away with murder. He just doesn't stay with ppl he doesn't know. He's well mannered to be a 1 year old but a lot of children don't like to stay with strangers. I don't feel like any one owes me anything. And my grandmother plays favoritism when it comes down to me and my family, my aunt and hers. Secondly the money that I have goes towards me helping my grandmother out in her own. As far as necessities and food. She doesn't take care of us! Can't beg anyone if you don't have family to beg. I made my decision to have my children and I'm doing for them. So for you to say someone is ungrateful 🤔🤔. This post was for advice. If you ain't giving it. Shut the hell up
Quoting Anonymous 7:

First off where is the dad and the child support.

Your child is spoiled not because you are always there but because you ar letting him get away with murder,

Teach him to behave all the time and that may change.  People PAY to have others watch their kids.  You are not owe babysitting services especially for a spoiled child.  (that may also be part of the reason grandma doesn't want you there and you are living off or her retirement income)

211 works in any area code.  You may be able to find some services for you and your kids.

If you can beg someone to watch your kids so that you can take a BUS to an interview or interview within walking distance. that would be best.  You aunt wants you to babysit?  Will she pay you?  Make a deal and have her pick you up and take you and the kids to her place and back each day.  Ask nicely if during nap time you can use the computer and try to further your ability to get a job. There are free educational oportunities on line as long as you are not going for credit)

The first thing to remember is that no one made these decisions for you.  It is no one's responsibility but your own.  If someone is willing to help you be grateful.  Honestly It doesn't sound like you are all that grateful for your grandmother's assistance.  Get a piece of paper and just add up the monetary costs, then add in the inconvenience of having you and 2 small children underfoot.

Change your attitude and your child's

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 18, 2017 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Possibly. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the state makes you get CS first. If she's not, they may not help, bc they expect her to collect from him first.

Quoting nanny1918: I thought that too but I wonder if it's because she lives with family....

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Something does not add up here. You have no income, but yet can not get any help? There is more to the story here. sorry

Scustard91
by Member on Jul. 18, 2017 at 10:00 PM
Ok that's fine

Quoting ReedusStalker:

I can completely understand why your family doesn't want to help you.  

Quoting Scustard91: I don't let my child get away with murder. He just doesn't stay with ppl he doesn't know. He's well mannered to be a 1 year old but a lot of children don't like to stay with strangers. I don't feel like any one owes me anything. And my grandmother plays favoritism when it comes down to me and my family, my aunt and hers. Secondly the money that I have goes towards me helping my grandmother out in her own. As far as necessities and food. She doesn't take care of us! Can't beg anyone if you don't have family to beg. I made my decision to have my children and I'm doing for them. So for you to say someone is ungrateful 🤔🤔. This post was for advice. If you ain't giving it. Shut the hell up

Quoting Anonymous 7:

First off where is the dad and the child support.

Your child is spoiled not because you are always there but because you ar letting him get away with murder,

Teach him to behave all the time and that may change.  People PAY to have others watch their kids.  You are not owe babysitting services especially for a spoiled child.  (that may also be part of the reason grandma doesn't want you there and you are living off or her retirement income)

211 works in any area code.  You may be able to find some services for you and your kids.

If you can beg someone to watch your kids so that you can take a BUS to an interview or interview within walking distance. that would be best.  You aunt wants you to babysit?  Will she pay you?  Make a deal and have her pick you up and take you and the kids to her place and back each day.  Ask nicely if during nap time you can use the computer and try to further your ability to get a job. There are free educational oportunities on line as long as you are not going for credit)

The first thing to remember is that no one made these decisions for you.  It is no one's responsibility but your own.  If someone is willing to help you be grateful.  Honestly It doesn't sound like you are all that grateful for your grandmother's assistance.  Get a piece of paper and just add up the monetary costs, then add in the inconvenience of having you and 2 small children underfoot.

Change your attitude and your child's

Scustard91
by Member on Jul. 18, 2017 at 10:03 PM
Okay 😒😒

Quoting Anonymous 8:

This.  

And it sounds like it's your fault no one will watch your child.  You need to work on that child's behavior, now. 

Quoting Anonymous 5:

You say you can't get a job, so...yeah, you're admitting to it.  Let them live with their father, so that you can get a job and properly support your family.

Hell, you can't even take care of yourself.  You're literally falling apart.

Quoting Scustard91: Never said I can't take care of them. So please stop ✋🏾

Quoting Anonymous 5:

If you can't take care of your kids, why aren't they living with their father?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)