• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So embarrassed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I need advise, Im so embarrassed to talk to friends about my relationship.

I have been in a relationship for 14 years, to make the long story short we have been arguing non stop for the past 6 months. I was an at home mom for four years I have always had a career before.My kids dad consistantly tells me im a no good lazy bitch. So I made him eat those words I went and got a fulltime job in my profession making more money then him. I went bought a car because I was driving his car and got tired of him arguing telling me to give back his keys on mornings when I had to work. So I went and got my own car. Now he wants to drive my car. On top of that I pay 350 a week on child care, he states he refuses to help me with childcare. So then he tells me he needs help paying the rent, we had agreed that I would pay all utilities gas, electric, food, water, gas, insurance, car note and phone bill and he would cover rent. So since I refused to help pay rent because I have to pay for utilities he threatens to put me and his kids out. I don't have family that I can go to. What would be your advise since my money is tied up in childcare and really don't have funds to move out.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:18 PM
Go to court and get child support.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:21 PM
2 moms liked this
The short answer is do whatever you can to save up some money to get out of there. The longer answer is how to do that, and I'm not sure what to say. Maybe get a different car, one that is older and costs less and save the difference until you have several months of rent saved up to move out. I don't know, but you need to go. Or he does, but I don't know who owns the house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

You aren't married? 

Well, you have a goal: move out. 

(He can't throw you and your children out of the house, he would have to get the landlord to legally evict you.)(If you have suspicions that he will pull this stunt, stop paying all utilities that are not in your name, save every penny, and start looking for a new place to live. And file for child support the instant you have a new address.)

KSBlueyz
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:46 PM
Figure out what the bills are and offer him 1/2 of everything. Tell him if he pulls any bullshit that you'll leave him and get child support on top of keeping your entire check.

Then....make a plan to get away from him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 5, 2017 at 11:02 AM

Tell him to try it! He would have to go through eviction proceedings.

You can always take him to court for child support and spousal support (even if you aren't married, since he supported you for those years) should you decide to separate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 5, 2017 at 6:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Stop paying the rent, all utilties and anything that is under his name.  As for food just get enough to feed you and your kids.  Save up from those expenses.  Stop doing his laundry, cooking for him, above all stop having sex with him and sleep separate bedrooms.  Start making plans for your exit on where you'll live next and is within your means and put some saving's aside.

How old are your kids?

Trixie_dahl
by Member on Aug. 6, 2017 at 9:36 AM
Find a place for you and the kids and tell him good luck in paying the bills by himself anf child support since he's putting you out. Then walk and don't look back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)