Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the fudge

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:25 AM
  • 14 Replies
I am a single parent of two girls, my oldest daughter and I both had milestone birthdays this year she turning 16 and me 50. I was planning a combined birthday cruise for the both of us that included my 8 year old just us three. They both protested the cruise so when my birthday came in July I did absolutely nothing I was pissed. My oldest will be 16 this month and had asked for her hair to be cu, I got her a new cellphone which I am paying the bill for then a dinner party with her friends. On top of all of this I have been paying $252.00 a month since last December 2016, so she could go on a class trip in 2018 and a birthday dinner then tonight she asked for a gift that is over $300 and when I said no begged and begged until I finally got a headache and laid her out. She refuses to ask her dad for anything and expects me to supplement what he doesn't do for her and I refuse. She will be old enough to get a job but would rather volunteer because she admits that she is lazy. I can't deal with her selfishness because I have an 8 year to raise. I am ready to send her to go live with her dad or better yet emancipate her. Urrr
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:31 AM
They refused a cruise? My kids would be all over that.

Your DD has a lot of nerve asking for a $300 gift when you already got her a phone.
Noneya73
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:51 AM
What do you mean my you laid her out?
Nevada3016
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:59 AM
I fussed at her lol

Quoting Noneya73: What do you mean my you laid her out?
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:24 AM

wow sorry you're going through this ... my DD is the same way with her dad.  I'm expected to fork out for everything without a second thought and she never asks him for anything. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:38 PM

Giving too much spoils the child but you'll have a bigger problem in the next couple of years.  Her refusal to work will show what kind of person she'll be and that's a lazy one.  Don't be spending any money for college because it's just be a waste of money and a postponement of an excuse to get out working for a living. 

Stop spending so much money on her and as well one your other daughter.  Less is better.

lucybrown1973
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:57 PM

$300 gift---she has some nerve.  Yes, she needs to get a job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:59 PM

I'm glad you told her no to the $300+ gift, she needs to learn that the world doesn't revolve around her. It seems you've been pretty generous with her as it is.

Hang in their mom, parenting teens is H.A.R.D!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:00 PM

My daughter, too. Makes me so mad! But, her dad lives in another state and I think she's a bit afraid of him, or that he'll think that she only wants his money.

Quoting Jinxed8:

wow sorry you're going through this ... my DD is the same way with her dad.  I'm expected to fork out for everything without a second thought and she never asks him for anything. 

littlesippycup
by iloveanons on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:03 PM
Who turns down a cruise? Priorities children!
LoveForGodOnly
by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 11:30 PM

Congrats to the both of you reaching a milestone in the same year!  I can relate as there were three of us that reached a milestone in the same year.  We also planned and not much went as planned especially when it came to my birthday, but I just breathed and slowly let it go...lol.  Our kids are blessings, but sometimes they can be difficult...hopefully she'll be willing to get a job so she can start to pay for the things she would like.  She may start to realize that it isn't easy to make money as fast as it can be spent.  All the best to you both 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)