Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Bottle!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2017 at 9:57 PM
  • 34 Replies
I have been exclusively nursing ds #2 breastmilk for his entire 14 months of life. Over the last few months, he has been eating more table food and drinks water from a sippy and occasionally juice. Unlike my first, he does not sleep through the night. He gets up 1-2 times a night, nurses and goes back to sleep.

Both my parents keep suggesting dh and I just give ds#2 a bottle. That he must be hungry and that's why he's not sleeping through the night. Both dh and I have tried explaining why a bottle wouldn't work. We have tried using facts to explain things. We have said that is perfectly normal and he is healthy.

But you can tell they think we are wrong. We ignore them now but it's frustrating to hear them constantly say it. Ugh!
by on Aug. 19, 2017 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

He's too old for a bottle, anyway. 

Just stop inviting them over. When they ask why they don't see you, be honest: "Your judgements and constant comments on our parenting decisions are unwelcome. We're taking a break for our own sanity."

AppleBlossom16
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 3:59 AM
Agree with this. He wont even know how to use a bottle its a different latch. My son is a little older still nursing i put him straight onto a cup drinks fine, eats fine still wakes up in the night.

Are you offering x3 meals and snacks alongside the nursing?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Just stop inviting them over. When they ask why they don't see you, be honest: "Your judgements and constant comments on our parenting decisions are unwelcome. We're taking a break for our own sanity."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't compliant about your son's sleeping habits and this way they won't comment on bottle. 

I think since he is getting food already it's time to stop BFing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:54 AM
Good thing it's not up to you how long she nurses her kids.
Even the AAP disagrees with your opinion.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Don't compliant about your son's sleeping habits and this way they won't comment on bottle. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Generation's like yours have lost all comment sense and the AAP ppl are just using you all for statistical data like guinea pigs.   LOL

Quoting Anonymous 1: Good thing it's not up to you how long she nurses her kids. Even the AAP disagrees with your opinion.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Well at least my generation received a decent education and knows how to use an apostrophe, and that the phrase is common sense, not comment sense.
But that slip absolutely explains why you and OP's parents think it's appropriate to tell her how to parent.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Generation's like yours have lost all comment sense and the AAP ppl are just using you all for statistical data like guinea pigs.   LOL

Quoting Anonymous 1: Good thing it's not up to you how long she nurses her kids.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:25 AM

rolling on floor 

It's why many of you are SAHM and dependent of others to feed and cloth you because you can't stand on your own two feet.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well at least my generation received a decent education and knows how to use an apostrophe, and that the phrase is common sense, not comment sense. But that slip absolutely explains why you and OP's parents think it's appropriate to tell her how to parent.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Good thing it's not up to you how long she nurses her kids. Even the AAP disagrees with your opinion.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

BearFamily12
by Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes he gets 3 meals a day and 2-3 snacks. Plus water throughout the day.

Honestly we tried putting bm in the bottle when I went back to work. Ds#2 was like 3-4 months old. He refused it and cried the whole time. So I quit and stayed home with him. Recently I went back to work and use bm smoothies in a sippy cup and it works out. I only work 2 days anyway.

Quoting AppleBlossom16: Agree with this. He wont even know how to use a bottle its a different latch. My son is a little older still nursing i put him straight onto a cup drinks fine, eats fine still wakes up in the night.

Are you offering x3 meals and snacks alongside the nursing?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 5:00 AM
I would tell your parents your not ready for the baby to spend the night.
Getting up 1-2 times per night to eat is a lot at 14 months.
Valentina327
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 5:11 AM
Paid for by that generation you so disdain ... LOL

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well at least my generation received a decent education and knows how to use an apostrophe, and that the phrase is common sense, not comment sense.
But that slip absolutely explains why you and OP's parents think it's appropriate to tell her how to parent.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Good thing it's not up to you how long she nurses her kids.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)