Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Life Insurance?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
What does it mean if the husband doesn't have/won't get Life Insurance? House, 2 kids... Im starting to feel a little undervalued. I have life insurance if something happens to Me! What about yall? Is everyone looked after but me?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2017 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
He is probably creeped out about confronting his own morality. Buying life insurance means admiting he not only will die but it could be unexpected. You shouldn't need him in order to get life insurance on him though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:19 AM
Where do you get a policy on someone else without their consent? I've never heard of that, so I'm curious which companies will let you take out a life insurance policy on another adult without their consent.

Quoting Anonymous 2: He is probably creeped out about confronting his own morality. Buying life insurance means admiting he not only will die but it could be unexpected. You shouldn't need him in order to get life insurance on him though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:45 AM
Any policy that doesn't require a physical. To get a policy on another person requres proving "insurable interest" which is easy to prove for your husband.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:03 AM

How old are you and your husband as well as the kids ages?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 10:13 AM

I've never heard of a policy that didn't require a physical.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Any policy that doesn't require a physical. To get a policy on another person requres proving "insurable interest" which is easy to prove for your husband.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 10:57 AM

My ex, myself and all our children have life insurance policies. 

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 10:58 AM

My ex and I both have large insurance policies and we didn't need a physical.  I have never heard of one being required. 

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting Anonymous 2: Any policy that doesn't require a physical. To get a policy on another person requres proving "insurable interest" which is easy to prove for your husband.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 11:14 AM
State Farm, Colonial Penn and Gerber for example.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 24, 2017 at 12:59 PM

yeah my husband has done the same thing . we had insurance in the past but as we aged it got out dated . the insurance company kept taking our money until all our money that the policy was worth was gone and then they choice to get in touch with us and tell us that we had no insurance left . we had to change to another type of insurance . this company never tried to get in touch with us as long as our policy it self was worth over thirty thousand . they just kept taking money and then when nothing left they tell us we have to buy another type but did not explain WHAT the new insurance was and how it worked . my daughter friend worked for the company and she was asking us to talk to her but my man did not want to talk her .how can a woman know what he an older man should have and he wanted to talk to a Male . so he choice to have no insurance now and does not trust any insurance company anymore . can you blame him . no i do not think so . but we need insurance even it it is only me and him . . so not know what to tell you .

EarlGrayHot
by on Aug. 24, 2017 at 1:51 PM

Insist.  A responsible adult has life insurance!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)