Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant and on meth

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
So I have 2 cousins that have 5 kids between them. They do not have custody of any of those children. A couple months ago one of them announced she was 4 months pregnant. It was assumed by the family that she was on drugs but we were unsure.

I spoke to her and she is on drugs and has to serve jail time for having a needle with meth residue. She has a month to serve and is a month and a week from having this baby (she thinks). So not only has she been on meth her enture pregnancy but is shooting it up. Her boyfriend is violent and a drug dealer. She is insistant she is going to keep the baby. She is living in someones garage. She has also not seen a doctor outside of one emergency room visit.

We have now found out her sister, who is also on meth, is also pregnant. Also a random highschool friend us almost due, been on meth the whole time and never seen a doctor. I just want to scream! There are so many people who desperately want children and can not get pregnant. I have another cousin who has spent 10,000 to get pregnant. I myself have been trying for another child for over a year. It has just hit me in the gut. These poor babies. I know there is nothing I can do but I wish I could fix it.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2017 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2017 at 5:06 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 5:35 PM
Does being a pregnant meth addict make you less of a human?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:46 PM
What

Quoting Anonymous 2: Does being a pregnant meth addict make you less of a human?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:51 PM
I was a coke addict single mom when I got pregnant with my daughter.

Not ideal but never made me less human then a suburban housewife.

I don't like it when people complain about junkies getting pregnant when wife of the year is having fertility issues.

I did stop.

I did get shamed for doing drugs while being pregnant.

I can't change the past.

Doesn't make someone less deserving of being a mom.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What

Quoting Anonymous 2: Does being a pregnant meth addict make you less of a human?
Twinklesthecat
by Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:54 PM
3 moms liked this
Kinda off it makes you a horrible person for putting the baby in danger and fucking up the babies life from birth not to mention how much pain that baby will be in once it's born and has drug withdrawals

Curlymom234
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
They shouldn't be having kids then.
Curlymom234
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:55 PM
5 moms liked this
Umm … you put your child at serious risk. Yes it does make you less deserving as a mom.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I was a coke addict single mom when I got pregnant with my daughter.

I don't like it when people complain about junkies getting pregnant when wife of the year is having fertility issues.

I did stop.

I can't change the past.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2017 at 8:45 PM
did not say they weren't human. I have taken her things to help with her pregnancy, I took a doppler over and we listened to the babies heart beat. I looked up and encouraged her to go to a rehab that would help her get into a house. I have tried to offer support and will continue to. I know that there are not a certain amount of babies and their pregnancy does not stop another person from being pregnant. However doing drugs while pregnant is putting your babies life at risk. They have already abandoned multiple children after putting them through hell dragging them around through their chaos. You are right you can't change the past but you can change the present. Hopefully they do get clean, hopefully they do improve their situation, hopefully their babies do not have major negitive effects.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I was a coke addict single mom when I got pregnant with my daughter.

I did stop.

I can't change the past.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2017 at 8:46 PM
I have to say I am a little surprised that stating people should not do drugs while pregnant is a controversial...leave it to cm
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this
It's not about the mothers at all, it's about babies who deserve so much better than being fed chemicals before they are even born and after birth receiving who knows what kind of life. It actually does make someone much less deserving of being a mom if they are not doing the things or in the right place to be a proper mom. People are not perfect and they make mistakes,
but having a baby is not a right, it's a privilege. And like any privilege there are those who would abuse it. And that is why children's services exist, because kids need more than some mothers can or will provide. You changed your behavior because you knew that what you were doing was not good for the baby, some don't and they absolutely do not deserve the privilege of raising another human being if they can't even look after themselves.

I did stop.

I can't change the past.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)