Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am livid

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:12 PM
  • 33 Replies
I am 31 years old and I'm TTC. Well I don't know why but my mother says if I get pregnant she doesn't want to know about it and she wants nothing to do with the baby. I am married. I have no children. 2 out of 3 of my siblings have children. Mom has everything to do with them. She loves them. She never told my brother or my sister that she didn't want anything to do with their kids. She was excited. So why she is telling me I need to get my tubes tied ore get a hysterectomy is beyond me! I don't know why she only acts that way to me. I have a better relationship with my mother in law than I ever had with my mom. And that's sad. I guess if I get pregnant she's not gonna know and she's not coming into that delivery room.
by on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:15 PM
5 moms liked this
She sounds like an unsupportive toxic person. Just because she is your mother doesn't mean you have to put up with her abuse. I'd distance myself and have very limited contact with her. You don't need her stress while ttc. Sending baby dust your way!!
Curlymom234
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:16 PM
Wow what a horrible thing to say! Could she have something else going on in her life and is taking it out on you?
Rayven_Nelson85
by Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:18 PM
Thank you! I need all the baby dust I can get. I just got my period today after a year without one due to BC shot
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:22 PM

Do you have any medical conditions that she knows you have?

How long have you've been married?

Rayven_Nelson85
by Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:30 PM
I am on the autism spectrum but it doesn't really hinder anything but communication and social cues. It doesn't mean I'm incapable of caring for a child. My husband knows how I am with my nieces and nephews and he can see the potential in me to be a good mom. Its just my whole life my mom used my disability as an excuse to justify why she was controlling me. She always told me I couldn't do anything and for 30 years I believed her.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't try to understand your dysfunctional mother.  Consider cutting her out of your life if she treats you like the red-headed stepchild.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 10:23 AM

Are you working at the moment to prove to her that you are able to take care of a child say if something would happen to your husband and he couldn't work?

Quoting Rayven_Nelson85: I am on the autism spectrum but it doesn't really hinder anything but communication and social cues. It doesn't mean I'm incapable of caring for a child. My husband knows how I am with my nieces and nephews and he can see the potential in me to be a good mom. Its just my whole life my mom used my disability as an excuse to justify why she was controlling me. She always told me I couldn't do anything and for 30 years I believed her.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Rayven_Nelson85
by Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 1:06 PM
I've been married since Aug 5 of this year. And no matter what she is always gonna see my one mistake no matter how many times I do good
maliksmama2
by Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:34 PM
has she always been this way towards you?
kiddycat73
by Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 3:28 PM
Your one mistake? What was that?

Quoting Rayven_Nelson85: I've been married since Aug 5 of this year. And no matter what she is always gonna see my one mistake no matter how many times I do good
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)