Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Odd rash on my son w/pics

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

My 9 yr old son as an odd rash on his chest, arms n privates his eye is swollen.when he went to school yesterday he only had a few on his chest n a couple on each arm, he came home 100% worse n his eye was swollen. I brought him to the hospital last night. I was thinking it was some kind of bug bite, maybe bedbugs, mites, (i did a bug search of my house nothing). Well the Dr said said no it's definitely not bites cause if it was it would be on back, legs, butt etc. My son said the only 1s that itch are the ones on his privates n his arm, he said his eye doesn't hurt n his chest doesn't itch. Dr gave him a steroid and said we can give him Benadryl and put itching lotion on him if need be. Anyone seen something like this or have any idea what in God's name this is??
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:46 AM

New detergent ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:58 AM
I haven't changed anything, soaps, food,

Quoting Anonymous 2:

New detergent ?

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:12 AM

Hives.... does he eat school food?

You might want to have him tested for allergies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 3:13 PM
Yes he's been eating school lunch. Lot of are saying hives as Well. I feel horrible for him :(

Quoting amonkeymom:

Hives.... does he eat school food?

You might want to have him tested for allergies.

jilligan362
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 3:30 PM
Nut allergy? Try switching detergent to dreft and see what happens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:51 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not nuts, since he won't eat anything with nuts in it, he doesn't like the taste. He's a very picky eater, pretty much everything he eats is bland. We use tide for sensitive skin, since my oldest son breaks out with ant with perfumes in it. If drift is perfume free I would be willing to try it. Thanks for the idea

Quoting jilligan362: Nut allergy? Try switching detergent to dreft and see what happens.
jilligan362
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:57 PM
Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm pretty sure it's not nuts, since he won't eat anything with nuts in it, he doesn't like the taste. He's a very picky eater, pretty much everything he eats is bland. We use tide for sensitive skin, since my oldest son breaks out with ant with perfumes in it. If drift is perfume free I would be willing to try it. Thanks for the idea

Quoting jilligan362: Nut allergy? Try switching detergent to dreft and see what happens.

How about ALL Free and Clear?
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:27 PM

Hives maybe?

littlepinkrose
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:46 PM
Fruits can cause hives also. Check to see what fruit he has eaten lately. Berries and citrus can cause that. Citrus did that to my oldest. Tomatoes are also culprits. Make a list of what he ate today, and yesterday.
Then keep track of what he eats for awhile. You may be able to pinpoint it. Keep note of dates of rash and what he ate that day.
You might catch a pattern. Chocolate is also bad for causing hives.
nanny1918
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 12:22 AM
Is he worried or stressed about something ?
That's also another reason for hives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)