Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it even possible?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Has anyone ever heard of a women being pregnant but still got her period? I'm just curious I've recently had my period but before it came I felt a little off like I may be pregnant but then my period came so I assumed it was just signs my period was arriving but now my period is done but I am still feeling off. My boobs are sore I feel nauseated, headaches, back aches and sorry for the TMI but constipation any time I've felt like this was when I was pregnant. Any ideas?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:55 PM
Women don't actually have their period while pregnant, but they can have bleeding and still be pregnant.
Curlymom234
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:56 PM
Yes you can bleed while still pregnant. Go ahead and test.
3gr8tKids
by Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:03 PM
A bono fife period is the shedding of the uterine wall. So no. Spotting is common to some woman who are pregnant. Best not to consult cafe mom MD.
Darlingone12
by Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:05 PM
A friend of mine continued to bleed, as her normal period would be, for 6 months during her pregnancy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 30, 2017 at 3:17 AM

A friend I went to school with her mother had a period every month even when she was pregnant.  The Dr finally figured out that she had a double uterus.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 11:04 AM

Some women do bleed when they are pregnant, but it's not a period per se. The only way to know if you're pregnant at this point is to take a test.

caydensmommy8
by on Sep. 30, 2017 at 12:49 PM
My mom bled every month the first 5 months with my sister and I. And a friend of mines sister bled during a pregnancy because she had what is called a subchroinic hemmorhage. I'm not really sure what it is so I am of no further help on that. The best way to know for sure is take a test.
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 1:52 PM

There is a condition called bicornate uterus where the uterus is literally divided and there have been cases of women with this condition having cyclical bleeding while pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 30, 2017 at 9:02 PM
I'm so nervous about taking one but I will do it tomorrow I was hoping maybe these symptoms would go away but they haven't. I haven't even told my s/o that I am going to take a pregnancy test..

Quoting Curlymom234: Yes you can bleed while still pregnant. Go ahead and test.
Curlymom234
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 9:13 PM
I didn’t tell DH till I got a positive one.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm so nervous about taking one but I will do it tomorrow I was hoping maybe these symptoms would go away but they haven't. I haven't even told my s/o that I am going to take a pregnancy test..

Quoting Curlymom234: Yes you can bleed while still pregnant. Go ahead and test.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)