Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do/did you refer to your child's age in months vs. years?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Up until my kids reached 1 year of age, I would say they were x months old. Once they hit a year, I would say they were x years old.
Multiple women have recently said their child was anywhere from 29 to 47 months old. Ok...just use years at this point..maybe?
I was curious as to how many CM moms do this. If you do, why not just say x years?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2017 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofthem311
by Member on Oct. 12, 2017 at 4:59 PM
Well he's only 6 months old right now so yes...lol
The other two are 9 and 15, I don't even know how many months that is...lol
lancet98
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2017 at 7:55 PM

Of course, my son would be 492 months old today.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Up until my kids reached 1 year of age, I would say they were x months old. Once they hit a year, I would say they were x years old. Multiple women have recently said their child was anywhere from 29 to 47 months old. Ok...just use years at this point..maybe? I was curious as to how many CM moms do this. If you do, why not just say x years?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 12, 2017 at 7:59 PM
Only until 1 and then it's like 1 1/2, soon to be 2. I count the months untill the age of 2.
PacMan80
by Member on Oct. 12, 2017 at 8:32 PM

Mos until 2, then year's after.  That's how everyone in my area does it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 3:54 AM

I can see doing the months thing until 2 yrs old.  They change so much from 12 months to 23 months.

My son is 265 months old.  No, that is silly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 4:01 AM
I stoped going my months with my first by 2. My second im kinda going by months kinda not. For the most part I do he is 1 he is 18months he is almost 2.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 4:09 AM
Up until the 2 year mark not always. But always before 12 months or 1 year.

My reason there are a few milestones they reach upl until 2.

That is why IMO parents go with the months instead of years at that young age the milestones that is.

I can't help but remember that movie Grown Ups when one character asked another character the age of thier child because at 48 months the kid was still breastfeeding. It was meant to be funny because it's very uncommon if not taboo for a kids to be still BFing.
ranchmama21
by Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 4:22 AM

months until turned a year. Once a year old, it switched back and forth from months to year (year and half. alittle over a year and half. Almost two years) phrases. By age 2, it was only years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 7:09 AM
My background is in education and childhood development and when I worked with kids aged birth to three years of age we always used months, for accuracy, because there's a huge developmental difference between a two year old who is 24 months old vs. one who is 35 months old. So I had that tendency to say my dd was '30 months old' but after three I just said she was 3, three and a half , etc. Now she's 6 and she's just 6, lol. No months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 7:31 AM
I would up until my kids were 2. And then used years after that. I have been around other that use months up until 3-4, like really?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Up until my kids reached 1 year of age, I would say they were x months old. Once they hit a year, I would say they were x years old.
Multiple women have recently said their child was anywhere from 29 to 47 months old. Ok...just use years at this point..maybe?
I was curious as to how many CM moms do this. If you do, why not just say x years?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)