Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am butt hurt!

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:49 PM
  • 15 Replies

Literally. I was checking on the clothes dryer vent hose this morning and I fell off of the platform that my washing machines are on top of. Landed on my rear end. 

I'm in so much pain. Went to urgent care and had x-rays. Nothing is broken, thank goodness, but I'm on pain meds and was told not to work for the next 3 days. :(

by on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jws120567
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 2:02 AM

Ow!  Rest up and feel better soon!  Ice tonight, warm baths tomorrow.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:14 AM

ouch !  yeah a few years ago I lost my footing while going down my hardwood staircase while holding my lap top ... not wanting to send my lap top crashing, I held onto it and let myself take the fall instead of grabbing the hand rail - it hurt so bad, I had a bruise the size of a dessert plate on my hip and butt

happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 5:00 PM

That's gonna leave a bruise....

yeehawhoney123
by Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 5:03 PM
I told my husband laundry is a health hazard!

I hope you feel better!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 5:06 PM

Hopefully you feel better soon.  I've fallen a few times on my butt hard and bruised my tail bone both times.  It took months to fully feel better and if I sit in the wrong position too long it would start hurting again.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:04 PM

Oh ouch! Can you imagine if you'd held on to that rail, you might've broken your wrist, too.

I'm still waiting for the bruise to show up. 

Quoting Jinxed8:

ouch !  yeah a few years ago I lost my footing while going down my hardwood staircase while holding my lap top ... not wanting to send my lap top crashing, I held onto it and let myself take the fall instead of grabbing the hand rail - it hurt so bad, I had a bruise the size of a dessert plate on my hip and butt

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:05 PM

Oh yeah, it sure is!

Quoting happinessforyou:

That's gonna leave a bruise....

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

No kidding, right?! My son finished up all the laundry for me so I didn't have to go up & down the stairs anymore. 

Quoting yeehawhoney123: I told my husband laundry is a health hazard! I hope you feel better!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:06 PM

Thanks! Ice & opiates are my friend today.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Hopefully you feel better soon.  I've fallen a few times on my butt hard and bruised my tail bone both times.  It took months to fully feel better and if I sit in the wrong position too long it would start hurting again.

littleleesa
by Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:15 PM

I've broken and sprained my tail bone more than once because well...I'm the BIGGEST clutz there is. I feel your pain...do as they say, no work, no over doing it, rest and those meds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)