Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I found a Lump *Update 3*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
*Update 3* since they don't do paragraphs and smash it all together..its on top. Its a benign cyst that when it starts bugging me enough, they will try to get the fluid out..OR I will have to have it surgically removed..I said I will see you in 15 years or longer on that one lol. As for the lack of energy..thank goodness its not anything serious..I am vitamin D deficient...and am on prescription strength vitamin D for 3 months..then have to take 1k a day of Vitamin D. Thank you ladies so much for your support...it means a lot.

On the side of my boob, never had one before. I looked it up on the net..it said if it moves around and isn't painful..probably a cyst..well, its grown in a couple days, and it does hurt at times. I have an appointment Tuesday. I have been exhausted lately..6-8 hours of sleep isn't cutting it. I am tired ALL DAY and feel like garbage..and now I am praying its not what I think it is. The Big C doesn't run in my family unless its drug, tobacco or alcohol caused..and that isn't an issue in my life. So yeah...I am worried...and hubby comes in with a horrible attitude. Yes, he's been working 10 hour shifts..driving on the road hours a day..sometimes carpooling..sometimes not. And I flip out because I don't deserve his attitude. So..I am venting, I am stressed, I am scared.

*Update* she says it feels like a fibrous mass, but I am going in for a mammogram tomorrow (my first ever), so we can know for sure. ALSO, because I am tired..I got sent in for a Vitamin D check and a Thyroid check, and some other things that I can't pronounce. A lady had mentioned maybe I should have these checked in an earlier response..I thought they had been included in my Wellness Print..so off to Quest Diagnostics I went..it was painless..but I also had to entertain my 3 year old while I was at it..not so great lol..I am in better spirits..except..I was told no caffeine..and I bargained her down to one cup of coffee a day..did I forget to mention I have big cups? Thank you ladies for your support..will update when I get results!

*Update 2* They couldn't see anything on the mammogram, she even did a special one that isn't for normal mammograms. It wasn't painful..thank goodness. So, I got sent in for an ultra sound, she had a hard time finding it through my tissue..but she was able to get some angles..wouldn't give me any info, which is normal..I should find out in the next few days..which I hope means Friday and not Monday. Thank you all for the words of comfort and encouragement, its been helping a lot.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2017 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 7:28 PM
What kind of cancer is caused by drugs? Alcohol? One in 8 women Who do none of the things that you mentioned are at risk for breast cancer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2017 at 7:30 PM
My dad died of Cirrhosis of the liver. My grandma had lung cancer. I just meant..cancer doesn't run in our family...I know lots of friends who it does. My phrasing wasn't meant to offend anyone.

Quoting Anonymous 2: What kind of cancer is caused by drugs? Alcohol? One in 8 women Who do none of the things that you mentioned are at risk for breast cancer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 7:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Cysts can be very painful, especially if they are growing. I'm thinking its a cyst. Cancer doesn't usually explode with growth over night.

Best of luck to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 10:31 AM

Thank you!
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Cysts can be very painful, especially if they are growing. I'm thinking its a cyst. Cancer doesn't usually explode with growth over night.

Best of luck to you.

Greenbird15
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:35 PM

Yeah I had cysts, avoid salt a couple wks before your period and do NOT take midol-the salt/caffeine combo causes cysts! Good luck at the Dr!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2017 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Yikes, Midol is the ONLY thing that helps me..I just got my period too. I will keep in mind no midol and no salt..I need my coffee though :/ Thank you for sharing.

Quoting Greenbird15:

Yeah I had cysts, avoid salt a couple wks before your period and do NOT take midol-the salt/caffeine combo causes cysts! Good luck at the Dr!

Greenbird15
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 11:17 AM

Yeah there was a pamphlet in the waiting rm to get my mammogram telling you what to avoid that is known to cause cysts in your breasts,,, I was shocked to see this since I took midol to treat breast pain only to find out that it causes it! It said on the bottle at the time that it treats breast pain. Also I would eat beef jerky before my period/crave salt.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yikes, Midol is the ONLY thing that helps me..I just got my period too. I will keep in mind no midol and no salt..I need my coffee though :/ Thank you for sharing.
Quoting Greenbird15:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2017 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I crave chocolate :D appointment is tomorrow..so we will see. Not to thrilled about the possibility of them poking a needle in my boob either...but thats better than if its the other.

Quoting Greenbird15:

Yeah there was a pamphlet in the waiting rm to get my mammogram telling you what to avoid that is known to cause cysts in your breasts,,, I was shocked to see this since I took midol to treat breast pain only to find out that it causes it! It said on the bottle at the time that it treats breast pain. Also I would eat beef jerky before my period/crave salt.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yikes, Midol is the ONLY thing that helps me..I just got my period too. I will keep in mind no midol and no salt..I need my coffee though :/ Thank you for sharing.

Quoting Greenbird15:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 12:18 PM
I know how difficult it is to stay calm, believe me, but you must. And your husband is a jerk.
mama_danetta
by Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 12:21 PM
Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)