Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WARNING..VENTING!!

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2017 at 5:53 PM
  • 17 Replies
So along with high rent, high electric bill, I also am dealing with three hardheaded people and my son . My son and I always have to try and keep his gf and my dh from wanting to yell at each other. We all are under stress do to the rent , and the bills. Between my son,his gf ,my dh and our friend its split 4 ways to pay a $1495 rent,$50 pet rent(they pay that its their dog) and $18.00 for the water ,Trash ,Sewage , and my dh pays is part of the rent, gas bill, internet bill,cable bill and he gets a check only for $895 for SSI. And our friend pays his part which is cheaper then the others..he pays only $475 and the electric bill which as of today is $300 . But then they fight,like yelling fight or talking shit behind each others backs..Right now, I am trying to get a job myself..but no money for transportation(all money goes to this place ) and I have no ride..then my ID card expired...so now its gonna be more harder for me to get hired until that is taken care of. We all are trying to not fight but we all have a personality clash with each other from time to time..How would you all handle the situation? Mind you I am 56 years old. Now the Venting part lol... I get tried of getting in the middle..she doesn't want any of us to have family and friends over because she doesn't like them...She constantly has to keep the bird in the light , with the air running and the TV on. She gets mad if we eat any food she buys..we put all ours in t he house for everybody. And then I have to hope for a ride to the store..she doesn't always want to take us..and when she does she complains on what we bought. I have a youtube channel..she doesn't want me to film anywhere around were we live...(still do) and I can't argue the point because I was somehow left out of the lease..no one could come up with another $45 to put me on. I take care of their dog, feed and take him out, I trained him to the leash. I feed and check on their bird who, keeps dh awake when he hardly gets any sleep here. Anyways..that is my vent..I do love them all. Just at my ends rope. ...I need to laugh..so put a gif in comments if you like...thanks for reading
by on Oct. 23, 2017 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 6:56 PM

Sounds to me like it's time to move to your own place. You'll all be happier and better off.

bluebunnybabe
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Can you move? I would rather live in a one room efficiency than deal with all of that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 7:57 PM
have you thought about low income housing? Do you have to live with the friend, the son and the gf?
onisionfan
by Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:11 PM

Not until March 2018 , we're on a lease and don't have the money to pay off the lease to walk away.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Can you move? I would rather live in a one room efficiency than deal with all of that.

onisionfan
by Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:17 PM

We live in California..I am 56 but no income as of right now (working on it) and my dh isn't old enough to rent in a 55+ complex or mobile home.  Well with the way the rents are in California we would have to have a roommate or two. Even a Studio isn't cheap! I know perfectly well with the way the gf is, that they won't be able to afford a place for long..they are going to try ,they both work and get paid weekly. But I will leave our door open to both of them. I don't want to see them out on the street.

Quoting Anonymous 2: have you thought about low income housing? Do you have to live with the friend, the son and the gf?

onisionfan
by Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:18 PM

I am looking for a place.but can't move until March ,we are on a lease(well them not me but still)

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Sounds to me like it's time to move to your own place. You'll all be happier and better off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:22 PM
I am in California, there is low income housing apartments...no age requirement...they go based off your income and not all of them require HUD.
Quoting onisionfan:

We live in California..I am 56 but no income as of right now (working on it) and my dh isn't old enough to rent in a 55+ complex or mobile home.  Well with the way the rents are in California we would have to have a roommate or two. Even a Studio isn't cheap! I know perfectly well with the way the gf is, that they won't be able to afford a place for long..they are going to try ,they both work and get paid weekly. But I will leave our door open to both of them. I don't want to see them out on the street.

Quoting Anonymous 2: have you thought about low income housing? Do you have to live with the friend, the son and the gf?

onisionfan
by Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:31 PM

I live in Riverside Co. But we are from San Bernardino Co. and  want to go back there. How would you go about find places like that. Any help on info will do..and thank you for the idea .

Quoting Anonymous 2: I am in California, there is low income housing apartments...no age requirement...they go based off your income and not all of them require HUD.
Quoting onisionfan:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:33 PM
Honestly? I google a lot...and look up low income housing and the general area you want to be in. I am in San Joaquin county. Some of the low income here go based off your income rather than a set rate.

Quoting onisionfan:

I live in Riverside Co. But we are from San Bernardino Co. and  want to go back there. How would you go about find places like that. Any help on info will do..and thank you for the idea .

Quoting Anonymous 2: I am in California, there is low income housing apartments...no age requirement...they go based off your income and not all of them require HUD.
Quoting onisionfan:

bluebunnybabe
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, I would be making sure I had a place to go in March. No way would I live like that.

Quoting onisionfan:

Not until March 2018 , we're on a lease and don't have the money to pay off the lease to walk away.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Can you move? I would rather live in a one room efficiency than deal with all of that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)