Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I gotta do a little rant..sorry

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:43 PM
  • 3 Replies
I am going to rant..so I deeply apologize in advace.- I think its stupid that when renting..you have to come up with non-refundable credit check fee, I personally think you ought to get that back if your not approved. Also , 2x and 3x the amount of rent is stupid..I think if you can come up with the full amount of rent $$$$ and that should alone get you in. Some places over charge for rent in the first place, $1475 is way to much for a apartment with two bedrooms,two baths and no utilities included..not even water and trash . I looked up a Studio...$1200 for a small studio, and you got to come up with another 1000 for deposit...Which speaking of Deposit ,Why do the new tenants have to come up with an outrages figure for a deposit..?? I could see $200-400 for a deposit to cover cleaning and painting and other repairs the prior tenant did. I think if Landlords/owners are going to charge way too much for rents on their properties..at least pay one or more utilities. This state needs rent control, some of these owners are in it for the money, they don't care if the tenant takes good care of the property(as well they should) .Here's what I wish could happen... 1) Outlaw the credit check fees unless they can be refunded to the person who paid it. if they don't pass the Credit check. 2) Rent control for all of the USA 3) As long as the tenant can come up with the exact amount of the rent that they need to pay monthly. 4) Forgot to mention this..NO LATE FEE OVER $50 (we have to pay $100 for a late fee if late) 5) If they are gonna charge $1100 and up for an apartment , pay at least the gas,water and trash and sewer. This is way a lot of families are homeless...they can't pay high prices for even little apartments...I am talking about the ones who work, are vets, elderly people on a budget. Ok,you may ask yourself.."well, you could go and apply for Section 8??" answer to that is every time I call the number..they say "Oh the lists are closed,no funding." How do you feel about the amount you have to pay just to put a roof..especially when your on a budget...
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 23, 2017 at 6:19 AM
Move. Apartments here run 500-600 a month for a 2 bedroom and if you are willing to live in a dump it's cheaper yet. The drug dealers that refuse to work live in brand new housing that is free based in their income. Maybe you could qualify for hud housing too.
Sailor.Moon.Mom
by Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 6:29 AM
I’m in Canada and for us asking for a deposit of any kind is illegal (Ontario) landlords can only ask for First and last months rent and background checks are rarely ever asked for and we have the right to refuse one, we don’t have to provide anything if we choose not too.

I’m in an expensive area also. Bachelor Apt run about $900 plus or all in. 1 bdrms $1400, 2 bdrms about $1600 and it keeps going up from there.
onisionfan
by Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 10:45 AM
I wish it was illegal here. We live near a college,a lot of the college students live here,the management company loves to jack up prices for them.

Quoting Sailor.Moon.Mom: I’m in Canada and for us asking for a deposit of any kind is illegal (Ontario) landlords can only ask for First and last months rent and background checks are rarely ever asked for and we have the right to refuse one, we don’t have to provide anything if we choose not too.

I’m in an expensive area also. Bachelor Apt run about $900 plus or all in. 1 bdrms $1400, 2 bdrms about $1600 and it keeps going up from there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)