Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband doesn't like me spending time with my grandkids.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi guys!

My husband and I have been married for 7 years and within those 7 we have gained 4 grandchildren. 2 from my sons and 2 from his sons.

I get mines every other Friday and take them home Saturday night. We can never get his bc of every excuse that he can come up with. He tells me that I spend too much time with my grandkids and not enough time with him. He has an attitude whenever I get them and he is so annoyed that we don't even go near him. And my 5 year loves to try and play with him and it's so hard to keep him from bothering him but I do. My 8 month old is ready to cry when he looks at him.

I work 9-5 mon-fri and a weekend job that I work every other weekend (not by choice). That's from 7a-12p. We have more then enough time to do things but he never wants to. All we do is sit home and watch tv. Even on the Sundays that I don't have the kids. He's making me nuts ladies bc I want to be so involved with my grandkids and he doesn't want me to be. He doesn't even want to be bothered with his grandkids or his children. (I know that I should have never stuck around for the that one, but I did. Shame on me)

He just finally starting having a relationship with them bc I make him feel so bad about it. But he gives very minimal.

So I heard his cries and cut it it down to 1 night a month with my grandkids and it's still not enough!!!! And we still sit in the house and do nothing when I don't have them. Meanwhile, I'm dying inside bc I'm missing so much of their tiny little lives. I love kids and I love my grandchildren but he's trying to turn me into a monster mema. Am I spending too much time with them?

Please help!!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2017 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tracylynn100
by Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 2:06 PM
17 moms liked this

Your husband is a selfish ass, see your grandkids when you want, you cant get the time back

StonesGirl66
by Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 2:13 PM
He's hateful and selfish. Put him in his place now.
lovingladyo4
by Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 2:22 PM
7 moms liked this

It's not my place to judge, but I personally feel you made a terrible compromise by letting him rob you of your joy with your grandbabies. Please change that back to what it was before he manipulated you and forced you to do that.

He may have not verbally forced you, but he did it passively. From whining and complaining? I have zero tolerance for this kind of behavior from a grown adult. Don't be foolish - of course you aren't spending too much time!!!! In fact the opposite - not enough time!!!!

We get one chance to live. One life. We own our priorities and have the freedom to live them out. Who cares if others don't see it that way or don't agree. Rejecting time with your grandbabies is something you will regret. Shame on him for doing that to you!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2017 at 2:38 PM
So glad to read you're response. I'm so nervous every time I tell him that I'm getting them bc I have to deal with his attitude. He even faked illness 3 times so that I wouldn't get them. One of those times I got them anyway and we were in the brink of a divorce smh

Quoting lovingladyo4:

It's not my place to judge, but I personally feel you made a terrible compromise by letting him rob you of your joy with your grandbabies. Please change that back to what it was before he manipulated you and forcing you to do that. he may have not verbally forced you, but passively? From whining and complaining? I have zero tolerance for this kind of behavior from a grown adult. Do be foolish - of course you aren't spending too much time!!!! In fact the opposite - not enough time!!!! We get one chance to live. One life. We own our priorities and have the freedom to live them out. Who cares if others don't see it that way or don't agree. Rejecting time with your grandbabies is something you will regret. Shame on him for doing that to you!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2017 at 2:41 PM
I don't mind the judgement at all. That's why I came here.

He was starting to make feel like I was wrong.

Quoting lovingladyo4:

It's not my place to judge, but I personally feel you made a terrible compromise by letting him rob you of your joy with your grandbabies. Please change that back to what it was before he manipulated you and forcing you to do that. he may have not verbally forced you, but passively? From whining and complaining? I have zero tolerance for this kind of behavior from a grown adult. Do be foolish - of course you aren't spending too much time!!!! In fact the opposite - not enough time!!!! We get one chance to live. One life. We own our priorities and have the freedom to live them out. Who cares if others don't see it that way or don't agree. Rejecting time with your grandbabies is something you will regret. Shame on him for doing that to you!!!!

Tigress22304
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 2:43 PM

Just because he doesn't like his kids and grandkids doesn't mean you need to be the same way.

He's a controlling ass. If he is getting jealous over 2 babies-maybe he needs to seek help. Rather then coming between a loving Grandma and her babies.

dawnrothbaum
by Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
He’s already in his place. On the couch. In front of the tv.

Quoting StonesGirl66: He's hateful and selfish. Put him in his place now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2017 at 3:04 PM
Yes, and I love them to no end.

Quoting Tigress22304:

Just because he doesn't like his kids and grandkids doesn't mean you need to be the same way.

He's a controlling ass. If he is getting jealous over 2 babies-maybe he needs to seek help. Rather then coming between a loving Grandma and her babies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2017 at 3:38 PM

Give him his freedom and divorce this way you can spend as much with the grand kids as you want.  You certainly have your priorities straight. 

Tigress22304
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 3:48 PM

As you should!

smh I'm glad my great grandparents and grandparents all put their differences aside and always came together for the great/grandkids.

tbh I wouldn't want my children around a nasty man like that who would tried to interfere.

There's no greater bond then Grammy and Baby!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes, and I love them to no end.
Quoting Tigress22304:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)