Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It’s my house! I’ll say it’s from Santa if I want.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
In your house you can say it’s from Jesus!

This is so stupid and I’m over it! My inlaws ar super religious and everything is “God” “Jesus” especially at Christmas time everything comes from him, I asked my son what he wanted from Santa because we’re going to go see him, and my mil said no it’s Jesus that brings the gifts.....
All is fine, but in my house we do Santa, what is so wrong with my child wanting to believe in him?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2017 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing your MIL is over stepping. I would have a very honest talk with her. I would let her no that in no uncertain terms should she tell my child something different from what we are teaching at this age. If she continued she would not be allowed to see him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2017 at 1:56 PM
She literally lives 2 house down! I love them to death but I’m so over this whole them trying to tell us how to raise our child.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Nothing your MIL is over stepping. I would have a very honest talk with her. I would let her no that in no uncertain terms should she tell my child something different from what we are teaching at this age. If she continued she would not be allowed to see him.

lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 1:57 PM

Im a MIL I would NEVER go against how my son and DIL raise their children. I dont always agree but I never say anything. I had MY turn , when mine were small.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She literally lives 2 house down! I love them to death but I’m so over this whole them trying to tell us how to raise our child.
Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2017 at 2:00 PM
That’s how I feel too, even my parents don’t butt in. Yes they express their concerns like any parent would, but they don’t tell us how to raise him. They always say how he needs to go to church to learn about God, how he needs Christian friends. Blah blah blah...

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Im a MIL I would NEVER go against how my son and DIL raise their children. I dont always agree but I never say anything. I had MY turn , when mine were small.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She literally lives 2 house down! I love them to death but I’m so over this whole them trying to tell us how to raise our child.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2017 at 5:34 PM
3 moms liked this
Jesus doesn't buy presents for kids lol
His birth was God's gift to Mankind. They don't even make any Sense LMAO
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 5, 2017 at 7:43 PM

I h ave a sil and respect his home, if I didn't I know he'd cut me off from my grandchildren. 

mommytoeandb
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I have never, ever heard of Jesus bringing the gifts. If anything, we should be bringing Him gifts.

I wouldn't talk about Christmas in front of them.
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

absolutely nothing.

santa is a man who spread cheer and love the fellow man.

if you want to piss off your in laws you can tell them that they shouldn't decorate their tree in silver and gold as the bible tells them not to do so, and that gift giving started out as a pagan tradition.

and christmas in winter started out as the winter solstice. 

hanging a wreath, holly, and mistletoe also putting up a tree are all pagan traditions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2017 at 8:29 PM
They know all all this, but I guess for me I want him to have the joys of Santa just like I did and hell, even my husband did!

Quoting Basherte:

absolutely nothing.

if you want to piss off your in laws you can tell them that they shouldn't decorate their tree in silver and gold as the bible tells them not to do so, and that gift giving started out as a pagan tradition.

hanging a wreath, holly, and mistletoe also putting up a tree are all pagan traditions.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 8:52 PM

I grew up in a christian home where we had a christmas tree with all the trimmings and presents that were signed "Santa" along with a nativity scene on the bar between the kitchen and living room (I think was a breakfast bar but was never used cept for the nativity scene at christmas and drinks the rest of the year).

My parents didn't see anything wrong with us believing in a guy who was happy all the time and giving and liked to see everyone happy.

we were taught that he brought joy to all kids and all people cause even those we thought of as adults were kids in his eyes. later on we figured out that there was a gentleman who lived a very very long time ago that may have been the original "santa". 

Though I learned santa wasn't "real" by noticing that the cursive handwriting of Santa was the same as my mom's.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They know all all this, but I guess for me I want him to have the joys of Santa just like I did and hell, even my husband did!
Quoting Basherte:

absolutely nothing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)