Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It’s my house! I’ll say it’s from Santa if I want.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
In your house you can say it’s from Jesus!

This is so stupid and I’m over it! My inlaws ar super religious and everything is “God” “Jesus” especially at Christmas time everything comes from him, I asked my son what he wanted from Santa because we’re going to go see him, and my mil said no it’s Jesus that brings the gifts.....
All is fine, but in my house we do Santa, what is so wrong with my child wanting to believe in him?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2017 at 12:39 PM
Replies (11-15):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2017 at 9:01 PM
Lol, well what a way to spoil it!

Quoting Basherte:

I grew up in a christian home where we had a christmas tree with all the trimmings and presents that were signed "Santa" along with a nativity scene on the bar between the kitchen and living room (I think was a breakfast bar but was never used cept for the nativity scene at christmas and drinks the rest of the year).

My parents didn't see anything wrong with us believing in a guy who was happy all the time and giving and liked to see everyone happy.

we were taught that he brought joy to all kids and all people cause even those we thought of as adults were kids in his eyes. later on we figured out that there was a gentleman who lived a very very long time ago that may have been the original "santa". 

Though I learned santa wasn't "real" by noticing that the cursive handwriting of Santa was the same as my mom's.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They know all all this, but I guess for me I want him to have the joys of Santa just like I did and hell, even my husband did!

Quoting Basherte:

absolutely nothing.

santa is a man who spread cheer and love the fellow man.

if you want to piss off your in laws you can tell them that they shouldn't decorate their tree in silver and gold as the bible tells them not to do so, and that gift giving started out as a pagan tradition.

and christmas in winter started out as the winter solstice. 

hanging a wreath, holly, and mistletoe also putting up a tree are all pagan traditions.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 12:20 PM

yeah. I think I was a teen by then though.

Mom kept putting Santa on some of the gifts anyway. and denied that it was her handwriting.

:)

Though I would have said that I wrote out the tags and left them on the kitchen table and he just put them on the presents, cause we all know guys have bad handwriting. (if I had been her) or something like that. lol  

She just wanted the magic of christmas to continue for as many years as she could have it continue. She loved seeing our smiles on christmas morning.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol, well what a way to spoil it!
Quoting Basherte:

I grew up in a christian home where we had a christmas tree with all the trimmings and presents that were signed "Santa" along with a nativity scene on the bar between the kitchen and living room (I think was a breakfast bar but was never used cept for the nativity scene at christmas and drinks the rest of the year).

My parents didn't see anything wrong with us believing in a guy who was happy all the time and giving and liked to see everyone happy.

we were taught that he brought joy to all kids and all people cause even those we thought of as adults were kids in his eyes. later on we figured out that there was a gentleman who lived a very very long time ago that may have been the original "santa". 

Though I learned santa wasn't "real" by noticing that the cursive handwriting of Santa was the same as my mom's.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They know all all this, but I guess for me I want him to have the joys of Santa just like I did and hell, even my husband did!
Quoting Basherte:

absolutely nothing.

santa is a man who spread cheer and love the fellow man.

if you want to piss off your in laws you can tell them that they shouldn't decorate their tree in silver and gold as the bible tells them not to do so, and that gift giving started out as a pagan tradition.

and christmas in winter started out as the winter solstice. 

hanging a wreath, holly, and mistletoe also putting up a tree are all pagan traditions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 6, 2017 at 12:51 PM

See the source image 

You need to buy on of these to use when she's around.  ;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2017 at 12:58 PM
Haha. Yes I do

Quoting Anonymous 4:

See the source image 

You need to buy on of these to use when she's around.  ;-)

fallenangel_353
by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 4:18 PM
Never heard of Jesus bringing the gifts LOL. Who does she think she is that Jesus would buy anything for her? Lmao. Sorry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)