Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Changing other children's diapers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I saw this posted in another group and I thought I would repost it here. As a former babysitter, I am torn with this. I don't know so I would blame...the parent or the child. The oldest I watched had just turned 4 but, our old neighbors 8 year old still wore a diaper to bed but that's different, sometimes night takes way longer than during the day......

How did old was the oldest child you had to change their diapers? Bff's stb 5 next month is still in diapers! It's weird when you can carry on a conversation with the child while your changing his diaper! Talk about being uncomfortable!!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2017 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by iloveanons on Dec. 5, 2017 at 2:07 PM
Yeah I couldn't get on board with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2017 at 2:15 PM
I am torn...the one I watched had a speech delay so I somewhat understand. But, if a child isn't special needs or doesn't have a medical condition then in my opinion 5 is way too old to still be in diapers during the day. At night it's a different story as my old neighbors 8 year old still wore a diaper at night.

Quoting littlesippycup: Yeah I couldn't get on board with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2017 at 4:57 PM

4 and a half, he was in pull ups..i was so worried he would be starting school in a diaper. but a month before school started..everything clicked for him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2017 at 5:04 PM
Did he get it on his own or did he have to be pushed a little?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

4 and a half, he was in pull ups..i was so worried he would be starting school in a diaper. but a month before school started..everything clicked for him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2017 at 6:18 PM

He had to be pushed ALOT. We tried EVERYTHING in the book. One thing that made a turning point, I noticed whenever he had to go "potty", and we kept his underwear off...or a diaper or pull up off, he would beg to have one when he had to go..also..Elmos Potty dvd DOES work.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Did he get it on his own or did he have to be pushed a little?
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 5, 2017 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I wore pull ups until I was 7 or 8. We found out years later that I had bladder issue. Don’t judge till you know the whole story.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2017 at 1:00 AM

At night or during the day as well?  I dont judge, I know the boy I described was speech delayed.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I wore pull ups until I was 7 or 8. We found out years later that I had bladder issue. Don’t judge till you know the whole story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 6, 2017 at 7:18 AM
During the day as well. I’m not SN at all

Quoting Anonymous 1:

At night or during the day as well?  I dont judge, I know the boy I described was speech delayed.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I wore pull ups until I was 7 or 8. We found out years later that I had bladder issue. Don’t judge till you know the whole story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 6, 2017 at 10:29 AM

I told a little girl that my YDD befriended that she was welcome to come over to my house and play, but I refused to change diapers on a 4 yo.  She was potty trained within a week because playing with her friend was more important.  Her mom couldn't believe that worked.

I could hold a full conversation with my DD while I changed her diaper when she was 2, but she was verbal at an incredibly early age (I swear she hasn't shut up yet).

I have babysat and changed diapers, but changing them on a child who is over 4 and not special needs is just to creepy for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 6, 2017 at 11:03 AM
My son turned 3 Saturday and I couldn't imagine changing his diaper! He's been out of a diaper for a year and wears underwear to bed too. It boggles my mind for a child not to be trained by at least 2.5 unless they are SN.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)