Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When will enough be enough?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Hey ladies! Ok well I'm here to get let a little off my mind. I've been going thru so many emotions lately and I don't even know how to even feel half the time. I'm a mom of a wonderful five yr old little girl and I was just recently expecting after trying so long but lost the baby and one of my tubes due to an ectopic... I'm still hurt by it but not even that due to that I had to be out of work for two weeks so maybe me just being in the house so long is driving me crazy. I have no-one to talk to besides my dh but I mean come on...its just certain things us ladies would like to talk to female's about...i lost my mom at a super young age 3 months to be excate. so half the thing's a women should know and want to know I don't or never had that mother experience to try to feel good about things. I'm struggling and it's like a never ending battle even with a man.. he got laid of which everything depends basically on me I work part time and get paid every weeks...ues add that up...no Christmas at all for my dd. but I'm trying to find a way but it's hard rent is beyond late and it's like he don't care. I know what some of you may say leave but how when it was the other way around he was there 3 yrs ago. And i feel most ppl let money ruin relationships when that shouldn't be the main case but when the women is going thru a hard time find a way. I just wish I did have that motherly love because I feel it would different how idk but I do..her family don't care cause I'm blk and yes she was white and live in az I feel that should not have anything to do with a long lost niece or granddaughter. Yes my dad's alive he trys but only so much he can do when he married and has a selfish wife so I just don't bother...i stay home to my self in my little bubble and let my mind wander and it's getting to me. sometimes I just wish certain things but won't post because they always say becarful what you wish for.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2017 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 6, 2017 at 3:05 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm probably going to get trashed by many of the other women on here.  But if they have not been in the situation you are in they will never understand that sometimes you have to ask for help.

He got laid off.  Did he apply for unemployment?  I know it is never any where near the amount of his paycheck but it would help.  Have you checked into food stamps?   It is not like it will be forever just until he gets back to work.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 6, 2017 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

sometimes you have to start thinking about someone else other then yourself . so go out an volumteer do something for someone else and you will start to feel better . do not dwell upon yourself 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:57 AM

"When will enough be enough?" 

Don't understand your question enough for what?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2017 at 2:32 PM
Thank you! And I was thinking about it the foodstamp thing but I'm just a little ashamed to do it. I know it's not forever.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I'm probably going to get trashed by many of the other women on here.  But if they have not been in the situation you are in they will never understand that sometimes you have to ask for help.

He got laid off.  Did he apply for unemployment?  I know it is never any where near the amount of his paycheck but it would help.  Have you checked into food stamps?   It is not like it will be forever just until he gets back to work.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2017 at 2:35 PM
You are right thank you...

Quoting Anonymous 3:

sometimes you have to start thinking about someone else other then yourself . so go out an volumteer do something for someone else and you will start to feel better . do not dwell upon yourself 

Avidreader9559
by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
There is so much I want to say to you. I hear you saying that your heart is broken and life is difficult. I lost my mom at a young age, too. It was so hard having kids and having miscarriages and not having anyone to talk to about it. I learned from the doctors and nurses and asking lots of questions, but that doesn't make up for the longing for a close, motherly relationship and advice. Praying for you. If you would like to chat, I am available. I can share from what I have learned. 

I would suggest that you find a group of moms who are local so that you can have that adult time with other moms. Maybe a play group or a church group or a group that meets for coffee or story time at a library. It is hard to meet the demands of life when you are not being filled with positive interactions with others. 

I agree with some of the other moms. If you are having a hard time, there is assistance out there to help you out until you can get back on your feet. There are food stamps and WIC (Women, Infants, and Children). There may be local food banks who can help or churches in your area with outreach programs. You have a lot on your plate, and your body still needs time to heal from your ectopic pregnancy.  Praying that you find the resources and relationships you need during this time. Blessings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 7, 2017 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel the aching loneliness in your words and want to encourage you in any way I can. The loss of a mother/daughter relationship may stay forever etched on your heart, but there are still so many lovely caring people who you can lean on, or get support from. Are you involved at church? Many churches have moms groups, or support groups, or Bible studies, and things like that. I know you might feel hesitant to walk into a room full of strangers, but if the group is open to anyone, why not take advantage of it? Women who meet regularly tend to become comfortable with each other and friendships starts to bloom. Please don't remain isolated. That's when your mind goes in all the wrong directions. Stay connected and you will feel better.

hopalong47
by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I had two ectopic pregnancies and I do understand your loss. As some of the ladies have said, reach out for the help you need...it will be temporary and that is what it is for. It WILL get better in time. God bless!

Muffet60
by on Dec. 8, 2017 at 10:47 PM

I'm sorry for your pain and loss. You've received some beautiful and wonderful encouragement from other posts. And I also encourage you to find some support at church and other avenues. I lost my mom when I was 15 and every year that I live longer than her life span, I am so thankful. Thankful to be here for my kids so they won't be without a mother. You've already made it two years longer than your mother did, so that's wonderful for your daugher! Praying for a long happy life for you and your family!

Google_Me_Now
by Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 11:18 PM
Can you volunteer somewhere?
Did or his he going for unemployment?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)