Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just need to vent :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Thanksgiving night, we woke up to a fire in our living room. The fire was contained to the living room, but smoke destroyed everything we had. I am so glad that we all got out safely and that is what really matters.

Exactly one week later, right down to the time of the fire, my dad passed away due to a massive heart attack. I miss him more than words can express. All I ever wanted was for him to be proud of me and I know that he wasn't proud of me when he died. I would give anything to have him back with us. I am trying to adjust to him being gone, but it still just doesn't feel real.

Just 4 days after my dad passed my husband got drunk and jerked me back by my collar as I was walking out the door and I banged my head really hard on the door frame. I am thankful that we are in a hotel (due to the fire) and the security guard heard me screaming and came quickly. I truly believe that if the guard would not have heard me scream, he would have killed me. My husband is in jail and I have made arrangements for my son and me to get away from him for good.

I have been through hell within the last 2 weeks and I feel so alone :( I don't have friends because I wasn't allowed to have them. If you have read this whole thing, thank you for taking the time to read. I really just needed to get this out 😥

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2017 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ranchmama21
by Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I am very sorry for your loss. May your Christmas and New year bless you with happiness and ease.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2017 at 3:47 AM
Thank you. I am hoping that things can only go up from here

Quoting ranchmama21: I am very sorry for your loss. May your Christmas and New year bless you with happiness and ease.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2017 at 4:02 AM

Sorry

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 7, 2017 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry for the loss of your dad.know deep down he loved you and was proud of you. Don't think otherwise.

Things can be replaced from the fire. The main is you walked away from the fire.

Things may happen for a reason (fire) so, that other things get better (your huband is in jail now)

Go into Christmas and the New Year with New outlook. Things will be better. Hugs
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Huge hugs. Praying the new year brings you peace , happiness and better lifestyle. I'm sorry for your loss. You've been through a lot in a short time be kind to yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 7, 2017 at 9:16 AM

I'm so sorry.  What a horrible time for you and your son.  I know it doesn't seem like it but things will get better.  Years ago I left an abusive man and thought the world had ended.  I had to start completely over again.  I had no friends.  Everything looked and felt different.  I felt numb some days and like I'd been hit by a truck other days.  It got better though.  Therapy helped a lot.

I'm sure your dad was proud of you and I'm sorry he passed.  Remember how much he loved you and don't torture yourself with any negative thoughts about him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 7, 2017 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
You put your abusive husband in jail and are doing right by your son. Your dad is so proud of you. He's by your side and he's going to help you get through this. I wish you the best.
Mompea5
by Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 1:43 PM
I’m so very sorry for your loss and everything you’ve been through in the last 2 weeks. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers! I’m sure your dad is watching over you, loves you, and is extremely proud of you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 8, 2017 at 1:56 PM
I am so sorry. I have faith that your dad is watching over you right now. Talk to him and may it bring comfort to you.

Things will improve.
littlepinkrose
by on Dec. 8, 2017 at 2:01 PM
I am very sorry for all that has happened to you. Your dad is now seeing the positive changes you are making and he is proud. Keep your head up it will get better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)