Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just need to vent :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Thanksgiving night, we woke up to a fire in our living room. The fire was contained to the living room, but smoke destroyed everything we had. I am so glad that we all got out safely and that is what really matters.

Exactly one week later, right down to the time of the fire, my dad passed away due to a massive heart attack. I miss him more than words can express. All I ever wanted was for him to be proud of me and I know that he wasn't proud of me when he died. I would give anything to have him back with us. I am trying to adjust to him being gone, but it still just doesn't feel real.

Just 4 days after my dad passed my husband got drunk and jerked me back by my collar as I was walking out the door and I banged my head really hard on the door frame. I am thankful that we are in a hotel (due to the fire) and the security guard heard me screaming and came quickly. I truly believe that if the guard would not have heard me scream, he would have killed me. My husband is in jail and I have made arrangements for my son and me to get away from him for good.

I have been through hell within the last 2 weeks and I feel so alone :( I don't have friends because I wasn't allowed to have them. If you have read this whole thing, thank you for taking the time to read. I really just needed to get this out 😥

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2017 at 2:53 AM
Replies (11-15):
donnaw2kids
by New Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 4:06 PM

bless your heart. Im so sorry for your tragic goings on latley. I sure hope you can get away and start over and live life to the fullest. sending you hugs

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 4:42 PM

I hope things get better for you, and I'm very sorry for the loss of your father! You made a good decision getting rid of your husband, do NOT let him back in your life. Your Dad will be proud!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 8, 2017 at 7:57 PM
I am so sorry. I hope you’re doing somewhat better. I know you’re hurting now, but there are good things coming your way. Keep your chin up.
pinkcoffeecup
by Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 10:42 PM

How sad.  Sorry for the loss of your father.  I will pray things get better for you.

MRamos18
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 12:36 AM
I am so sorry for what you been through my heart goes out to you. You are braver and stronger then what you think. Your son will thank you one day for not living a nightmare and seeing so much abuse growing up. I wish my mom would have did the same and left my dad.I am here if you want to talk. Hugs !!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)