Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Officially the strict parent

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You know immediately you will forever be viewed as the strict and boring parent when you hear your husband downstairs telling your 2 year-old, “don’t throw that at the Christmas tree, throw this.” 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
I thought I had told my husband we were going to have a one finger touch rule with the Christmas tree, the lights, the ornaments. I guess I neglected to say we’re going to have a no throw rule also when it comes to the Christmas tree. My bad!
Why do men have such a difficult time with common sense discipline and staying on the same page with mommy? I don’t think setting expectations for the Christmas tree is a bad thing, boundaries are good especially when it comes to something that can be breakable. Talk about not being on the same page whatsoever. Ugh!!!! 😩🤬😤
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2017 at 8:53 AM
Replies (11-12):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2017 at 1:24 PM
Congratulations I’m so glad you found the perfect man for you. I didn’t marry man child either. I married A wonderful man who occasionally needs a reminder that being a dad is not all about fun and games but about also teaching right from wrong regardless of how much fun you’re having. I married a man who loves his son to the moon and back 1000 times and who is guilty of having way too much fun with his son sometimes. I married a man who has more love in his heart than any other man I’ve ever known. I married a man who is playful like a child and sometimes unfortunately forgets that he also needs to be a more strict daddy. I married the perfect man for me. So looks like we both win. Don’t use my moment of venting my frustration to try to say my man is better than your man. What are we, in the fifth grade? Grow up.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Mine doesn't. I didn't marry a man child.
SHIRLZ7
by on Dec. 10, 2017 at 9:38 PM

I feel you, generally speaking i am the stricter parent. My husband has a lot more patience and tolerance and i tend to be a little pedantic about things. I am a perfectionist to the point that when we put the tree up this year i didnt even want the kids to touch a thing and all they wanted to do was help because it was so exciting for them, eventually my husband told me to relax and let the kids help because whats the point if they cant get involved.. so i griited my teeth and tried to relax and it turned it to be so fun.. my kids loved every second of it and the joy on their faces just made the not so perfect tree perfect. My point is that men and woman most often just have different ways of doing things. But i certainly wouldny let my kids throw something at the tree.. lol. was he not joking when he said that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)