Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sharing food when living with other people?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Total vent sesh right here!!!! So I spend over $1000 on food every month and the "others" also purchase their own food. I cook for everyone ay least 4 days a week, no one else cooks for everyone. I buy snacks for my kids that the adults literally will make a meal out of. I REFUSE to buy certain things because they literally get devoured, yogurt, frozen snacks, pudding, ice cream, and juice. A whole gallon of milk literally dissapears in ONE DAY and my daughter won't have milk. Special things I buy get eaten and not replaced like why do you eat ALL the cereal I buy but not the one you buy?! My room is literally becoming a pantry and I hate being greedy when it comes to food because food is meant to be eaten but I feel VERY taken advantage of. I've talked to the "others", I've left notes and nothing seems to get thru to the others!

Phew, thanks for reading😂 anyone else felt the joy of living with people? And yes, we are moving. FAR, FAR AWAY👍
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2017 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 8:20 PM
Who are these people and do you live with them or do they live with you? If be changing my living arrangements asap.
stepperbepper
by Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 8:21 PM
"The others" make this sound like a bad Stephen king novel
goatmom4
by Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 8:21 PM
Darn I feel that way but we just have guests toilet paper is what I would want help keeping in house too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 8:27 PM
We're staying with my husbands family, its temporary while we're planning for our move. 2700 miles away🎉

Quoting Anonymous 2: Who are these people and do you live with them or do they live with you? If be changing my living arrangements asap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 8:28 PM
You have no idea LOL

Quoting stepperbepper: "The others" make this sound like a bad Stephen king novel
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:14 PM

How people are living under this roof?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 6:07 AM
We had a couple stay with us for a few weeks that pulled this shit. We were helping them out while their apartment was being repaired. Those fuckers constantly ate every damn thing they could find with no regard to anyone else. Even though groceries were not apart of staying and they were required to supply their own. I finally full on lost my shit when I went to get my cereal and one of them had left 4 pieces and put the box back like it wasn't empty. I hate food thieves.
Curlymom234
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 6:56 AM
Oh yeah. Growing up, my mom always had someone else living with us. Groceries were always an issue. When’s the big moving day? We stayed with my in laws for 2 weeks when we were waiting on our house to close.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 11:57 AM
My goodness. My dh's friend stayed here for about a month. We bought one of those big 120 hot dog meals from sams once. We don't eat them often but occasionally we do eat hot dogs. One of those packs normally last us for 4-6 months if not more. Anyway, this man ate the whole pack minus 6 hotdogs in 2 days. I'd like to say I'm exaggerating but not even close.

Ds was on almond milk and bc of his special needs, his diet at that time was liquids only. He drank special formula, smoothies, almond milk, and occasionally thickened juice. We had 2 half gallons in the fridge on a Friday morning. Ds had one glass out of them. They were gone by Saturday morning.

I'll never live with someone besides my kids and family again
illogicalkat
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, and I know it's a major pain in the rear, what you need to do is STOP cooking food for everyone else, because that makes them think you're shopping for them, not you. 

Although...I see that you're living with your in-laws, they are not living with you. That changes things a little bit, especially if you are not paying rent or utilities. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)