Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter got engaged...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies

My daughter (26) got engaged to longtime bf (28) and a few things they want to do don't sit right with me.  Please don't say that I am a holy roller crazy lady or something like that but I do have my faith and I don't know what to make of it.  

They want a friend of theirs who is an astrologist to be their officiant.  I do not know why they want to go that route but I am concerned about it.

Yes, she is an adult but this is not sitting right with me.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2017 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
You're going to need to get over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
It's not about you, it's none of your business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Doesn't need to sit right with you...Not your day!

illogicalkat
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see the issue. Would you prefer they simply use a Justice of the Peace, or do you want an ordained minister of a specific denomination to marry the couple? (Not that it matters, they're the ones getting married, not you.)

happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess you need to "pray" on it.... Your DD is following her heart (I hope) and wants to marry this guy which means if you ever want to see your grandkids....you will shut up about it.

Is he nice? Does he love her? Is he respectful towards her? Does he make her laugh? Does he work? Is he good with money? I mean I could go on all day. Those are the things that MATTER.... you need to let some stuff go and enjoy your DD's big day!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 3:14 PM

Don't attend the wedding day. 

ElvinCephalopod
by Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 3:25 PM
4 moms liked this

as long as the friend has the legal authority to officiate the ceremony, it doesn't matter, they're still married

3gr8tKids
by Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL! if anyone tries to push religion BS on me all I can do is laugh. it makes absolutely no difference who performs the ceremony. mind your business and let them have the day that they envision.

momofthem311
by Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 3:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Well it really isn’t up to you anyway. I get that you have right to feel how you want about it but it doesn’t matter, not your wedding. Also what exactly are you concerned about?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
What doesn't sit right? You said they been together a long time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)