Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dads wife.....AAAHHHH!!!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 4:16 PM
  • 22 Replies
My dads wife drives me CRAZY!
She is a super 100% Trump supporter, which doesn’t instantly make me dislike you but it doesn’t help, and she says everything I read or look up or get behind is fake news. EVERYTHING! Every time I post something political on Facebook she gets right in those comments and says for me to do my research because I only post fake news and she thinks trump is the best thing since sliced bread.
She makes me insane.
by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stepperbepper
by Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 4:18 PM
Just ignore her
hotspice58
by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 4:20 PM

I wouldn't engage her in anything politiical.. It will drive you nuts.

Jenniy
by Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 4:22 PM
Block her
momofthem311
by Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I’ll fix my settings to where she can’t see what I post, blocking her would cause all kinds of drama I don’t need

Quoting Jenniy: Block her
momofthem311
by Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I don’t engage her, she sticks her nose in

Quoting hotspice58:

I wouldn't engage her in anything politiical.. It will drive you nuts.

XO.__
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:30 PM
Listen at the end of the day that is your stepmother no matter how old you are, you have to have some higher level of respect for her.

With that being said ,when you put something on social media it’s public. It doesn’t matter if it’s on your page or not ,you are opening up to the world to express yourself and their opinions will be posted back. this is the United States of America we have freedom of speech , granted we may not like what other people have to say but that’s the beauty of the constitution- they are allowed to say what they feel just as much as we do. whether people agree with it or not is their a personal choice but they have the right to say it .

if you don’t want her jumping onto your conversations either 1. don’t post political stuff anymore or 2. block her from seeing your stuff . I don’t allow social media or politics taint or distort my bond and relationships with family. No matter who’s in office that’s still your family and I’m sure your father would be there for you with her by his side if you needed something no matter who you all voted or didn’t vote for.
CStarz
by Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel your pain- my sm is insane. Not a Trump supporter but certainly batcrap crazy.

Change your settings so she can't see anything unless you want her to. I actually blocked mine from all media, including email becasue she was flooding my inbox with crazy stuff.

I told my bio dad she either had to cut the crap or suffer the consequences. She chose the consequences. He has to live with her, I don't. 

happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:42 PM

I think I'm related to her ... my cousins are the exact same!!!! Every single response is FAKE NEWS.... I honestly had no idea there was so much fake news out in the world..... but only on one side.... UGH!!!

momofthem311
by Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg I know. She makes me nuts! Everything I read, everything I post, everything I believe is fake news but everything she believes is the truth

Quoting happinessforyou:

I think I'm related to her ... my cousins are the exact same!!!! Every single response is FAKE NEWS.... I honestly had no idea there was so much fake news out in the world..... but only on one side.... UGH!!!

ilovemykids323
by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:53 PM

i got an uncle like that... and even once he knows he's wrong he wont admit it it fights it to the death.... i have unfollowed him on facebook lol..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)