Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If it wasn’t for

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My father in law coming out to visit for Christmas we would not be celebrating. I don’t know why but this year I have no desire to celebrate Christmas and I don’t feel bad about it. My husband talked me into buying gifts for our kids and celebrating and I just can’t wait to get it over with. Maybe it’s because recently I just don’t enjoy my family. My kids get on my last nerve and I feel like my husband and I are just living with each other.

No point really to this post just needed to vent I guess
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 16, 2017 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
offrdngal
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 10:58 AM
Eh, I couldn't care less about Christmas. We never decorate and don't make a big deal about gifts. As far as I am concerned, it's just another day.
cafemommb4
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 5:56 PM
I think most people make it into something that it isn’t. But it doesn’t help when you’re made to feel like you have to shop for the latest must have, or tempted to buy now while on sale pay later type of thing. Or asked all the time, if you’re all done with your Christmas shopping. All the commercialization of it leads to one day; then, it’s all over. Just like that! So, I understand how you feel. I hope that now that New Year’s Day will be over too, you’ll start to feel a bit better. Take care!
Shadylady33
by Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you need to talk to your doctor if you are feeling out of sorts more than normal...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2018 at 9:17 PM
I’m fine now. I just wasn’t wanting to deal with Christmas

Quoting Shadylady33:

Maybe you need to talk to your doctor if you are feeling out of sorts more than normal...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2018 at 9:21 PM
How old are your kids.My son really believes in Santa so i don't really have a choice but i was feeling the same way this year since my dad passed away 6 months ago it was hard!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2018 at 9:23 PM
Mine are 7,4 and 2. My kids say they believe in Santa but I don’t buy it. My oldest when she was 2 and we would tell her about Santa she straight faced told me Santa wasn’t real and parents just make him up I kind of stope really trying to get them to believe.

Quoting Anonymous 2: How old are your kids.My son really believes in Santa so i don't really have a choice but i was feeling the same way this year since my dad passed away 6 months ago it was hard!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2018 at 9:24 PM
Mine are 7,4 and 2. My kids say they believe in Santa but I don’t buy it. My oldest when she was 2 and we would tell her about Santa she straight faced told me Santa wasn’t real and parents just make him up I kind of stope really trying to get them to believe.

Quoting Anonymous 2: How old are your kids.My son really believes in Santa so i don't really have a choice but i was feeling the same way this year since my dad passed away 6 months ago it was hard!
Shadylady33
by Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 9:29 PM

I am glad to hear it.  

Quoting Anonymous 1: I’m fine now. I just wasn’t wanting to deal with Christmas
Quoting Shadylady33:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)