Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheating while I work 2 jobs and provide

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My ex and I started dating in the eighth grade. We got married when we were 18, freshman in college and pregnant with our son.

I dropped out after the first year and got a job to support us. He had a football scholarship so he played and was a student.

I asked if he wanted to try for another baby since he was going into his senior year. He said yes and I got pregnant. I'm due around Valentine's day.

Then I found out he was cheating. Turns out he's been having an affair for 2 years. He was planning on leaving me when he was about to graduate.

So now we're separated and the divorce will be final in March.

I have custody of our son and he just gets visitation once a week.

I'm so mad that while I was working 2 jobs and so proud of him he was screwing his sorority chick girlfriend.

They plan to marry after the ink is dry on our divorce papers.

I'm so mad and I still love him but I know I need to keep moving on. Any support would be appreciated :)
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2017 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Sorry that sucks. You hold your head high and keep on taking care of your son . Focus on preparing for your new one. The minute you find out he is working file for child support. I know you're in pain. But think of this Do you want a man that you weren't enough for ? Hell no you don't ! Hugs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope you can at least know that although it hurts deeply, I know, cheating is not about the one being cheated on. There’s nothing wrong with you and you didn’t anything to deserve it.
Cheating is a fucked up thing that happens for different reasons, none are good or justifiable but nonetheless there are reasons. All of which have to do with the cheaters mental and emotional disabilities.
I’m sorry this happened to you. You will be ok
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

How is the timing of having another child right when he is still a student and hadn't even finished college? 

I think timing for both your pregnancies was all off.  Should have held them off until you both finished college and started your own careers.  Then get marry and build a nest to properly house you two with kiddos in a secure marriage environment. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 9:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Do people still do this?  Don't get married in college.  It is stupid.  I know. I did it.  It was stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 5:24 AM
The timing for having our second was fine. He just graduated this past Friday and I'm due in February. Obviously our first child was unplanned but I love him so much.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

How is the timing of having another child right when he is still a student and hadn't even finished college? 

I think timing for both your pregnancies was all off.  Should have held them off until you both finished college and started your own careers.  Then get marry and build a nest to properly house you two with kiddos in a secure marriage environment. 

Curlymom234
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Take it one day at a time. I hope you know that the problem is with him, not you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:12 PM
2 moms liked this

He should have never agreed to try for another baby going into his senior year when he knew that he was planning on leaving you when he was about to graduate. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Let him have his girlfriend and marry her after the divorce papers are done. You will have your son and the new baby and he can enjoy paying child support payments.

happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:48 PM

This whole story is incredibly sad. You dropped out of college, so your life changed. You opted for him to play a stupid game for 4 years, and you took up the whole slack. He was allowed to "play" instead of expecting him to man up. Now you have 2 kids from a broken home that have to spend time with their dad who is a perpetual child himself.... UGH!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah looking back, dropping out was one of the stupidest things I could have done. The only reason he got to play football was it paid for his tuition.

I see now that if he had really loved me he would have helped out more so I could go to school too.

Quoting happinessforyou:

This whole story is incredibly sad. You dropped out of college, so your life changed. You opted for him to play a stupid game for 4 years, and you took up the whole slack. He was allowed to "play" instead of expecting him to man up. Now you have 2 kids from a broken home that have to spend time with their dad who is a perpetual child himself.... UGH!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:26 PM
Thank you. I'm starting to see this.

Quoting Curlymom234:

Take it one day at a time. I hope you know that the problem is with him, not you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)