Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Hate Football Season

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I absolutely hate football season. It’s not because I don’t like sports. It’s because my dad becomes a bigger a hole. If dh and I say ds#1 (7 years old) can’t wait football with my dad, my dad makes it personal. Like today ds#1 had to have quiet time because he had a rough day with listening. So dh and I wanted him to gave some chill time alone. We told my dad ds#1 could watch football with him later. My dad took it as a personal slight against him.

Even now, dh told ds#1 it was time for a shower since he has school tomorrow. My dad told ds#1 they weren’t done watching so he could keep watching. Dh said no. Now my dad is all pissed off. It’s freaking football! I personally would say no football ever but I know ds#1 enjoys it. But we so limiting his time.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2017 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 4:17 AM

The problem is your dad not football

Put him in his place!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 4:28 AM
Do you live in the same house as your dad?
Southern_Song
by Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 4:26 PM
Lol.... Roll Tide
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 19, 2017 at 8:36 PM

Sorry to hear that your dad is trying to override you and DH lately. 

I would casually mention to your dad that DS has a certain things that you and DH want him to do each night but you will give him X minutes/hours of football time from x time to x time. That way you are setting the times and setting limits. Of ocurse let dad know that it's nothing against him. 

Also let DS know that football time is from this time to that time (whatever you decide) and that he needs to listen to you and DH. 

I fucking hate football season too, but for different reasons. It's all I hear people talk about during the season and I don't follow it. People look at me like I have 3 heads when they find out I didn't watch "the game". It's also annoying dealing with them when their team loses because they act like assholes and use that as an excuse. I manage a factory and had a group of them acting like jackasses last week. I'm a pretty easygoing boss but am over it so just told them that they needed to put on a professional face and stop acting jerky or else I would send them home! 

Gawd...I will be so happy when this football shit is over with! 

single_mom_2015
by on Dec. 19, 2017 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex-husband would watch whatever football game was on every Sunday. I'm so glad my boyfriend now isn't into football. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2017 at 3:10 PM
People always look at dh oddly when he says he could care less about football. I guess because he is a guy, people think he should?

We made it very cleary that if ds#1 acts up because of football, he’s done. My dad said that my brother used to carry on too. I said t was unacceptable for my child to cry and shout and flip out over a game.

I hate football but ds#1 enjoys it so I let it go. We have set boundaries but we still fight over it.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Sorry to hear that your dad is trying to override you and DH lately. 

I would casually mention to your dad that DS has a certain things that you and DH want him to do each night but you will give him X minutes/hours of football time from x time to x time. That way you are setting the times and setting limits. Of ocurse let dad know that it's nothing against him. 

Also let DS know that football time is from this time to that time (whatever you decide) and that he needs to listen to you and DH. 

I fucking hate football season too, but for different reasons. It's all I hear people talk about during the season and I don't follow it. People look at me like I have 3 heads when they find out I didn't watch "the game". It's also annoying dealing with them when their team loses because they act like assholes and use that as an excuse. I manage a factory and had a group of them acting like jackasses last week. I'm a pretty easygoing boss but am over it so just told them that they needed to put on a professional face and stop acting jerky or else I would send them home! 

Gawd...I will be so happy when this football shit is over with! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2017 at 3:10 PM
I love that dh hates sports just like me.

Quoting single_mom_2015:

My ex-husband would watch whatever football game was on every Sunday. I'm so glad my boyfriend now isn't into football. 

TXVernacular
by on Dec. 20, 2017 at 3:13 PM
Do you live together?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2017 at 7:17 PM
We share a house.

Quoting TXVernacular: Do you live together?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 21, 2017 at 2:34 AM

You need to sit down with your Dad and let him know that you and dh set the rules for your ds and it is not helping when he encourages him to do something other than what one of you has told him to do.  While you are talking to him make sure he understands that not only does this apply to watching football, it applies to any situation.  You might want to tell him that if he doesnot agree it can be discussed between the adults after your son has gone to bed.

You need to do this soon and be consistant.  It will be hard at first but your ds is your primary concern.  It is really hard to tell a grandparent that they are out of line. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)