Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have 5 adult SS's and bio DS25 and DS13.  This year, we were able to get most of the kids here for christmas.  The one in Illinois and his family didn't make it up, but we expected that.  SS 26 who lives with us told hubby he was going to be around all weekend.  Well, he left in the middle of the night on Friday night for God knows where.  We always get together with all our boys on the 23rd but he didn't get back until Sunday night.  Every year, I wrap up a gift a ton of times, and every so often, throw an extra something into it to make it harder to open.  The kids still love it and always wonder "who's getting it this year?"  Well this year it was SS26.  I had done something new and did zip ties this year, then to top it off, the gift inside was a little pocket knife.  I was really excited to see everyone's reactions.  Obviously, since he didn't show up, that didn't happen.  Then, to top it off, when hubby and I got home from my family Christmas on Christmas Eve, he was home and hubby asked him to come into the living room so he could open his gifts.  He said he was "too tired."  So, I get up in the morning Christmas day and see he had opened all his gifts!  Didn't even wait for me to be there!  DH said he was half asleep and heard ripping paper but didn't stop him to wait for me.  I was soooooo disappointed!!  I spend alot of time trying to find the perfect gifts for all the kids and I truly LOVE watching them open them.  Plus I had even JUST had this coversation with DH the day before how much it meant to me to see them open their gifts.  I tried really hard to not let it get to me, but I was soooo hurt!  I know it's petty, but I was really upset and later started crying in our room and DH came up and saw and got all moody because I was upset.  I am trying to just get over it, but I'm having a hard time.  Am I out of line?  

by on Dec. 27, 2017 at 11:30 PM
Replies (11-14):
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2018 at 3:14 PM

this is why I dislike Christmas ... there's always someone getting hurt somewhere, a ton of dissapointment, anger and resentment.   So I have stopped caring. 

I go through the motions but nothing more.  Of course, I love seeing DD so happy when she opens her gifts and I do love surprising my husband with something he didn't expect but for myself :  I expect nothing so when I get nothing or something doesn't go my way,  I don't get hurt. 

lucy164
by Peggy on Jan. 9, 2018 at 1:32 PM

He is a bit selfish.

jabs54
by Member on Jan. 9, 2018 at 9:48 PM

I can see why you would be sad he didn't participate in the festivities but I don't understand adult women crying over stuff like that.  I would definitely not give him the "special" gift anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 9, 2018 at 10:01 PM
Ok, I admit I'm a skimmer, but does the gist of this say that you were crying in your room because you missed a grown man opening a stupid gift covered in zip ties with a ppcket knife inside? I mean, you already knew what the gift was, you wrapped it lol. Yeah, this is some crazy shit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)