Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband is lazy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

If you looked at us/him, you would never say this because he pays attention to what looks good and he makes sure that the outside looks shiny and superb. He could easily drag me down: All he does is watch TV. He doesn't even read. He just vegetates in front of the television. And he complains about everything. I have suggested that he see a psychologist, but he has not done that. I am tired of guiding him to do what I think would be healthy for him and us. He does NOTHING.

So I am moving forward with my life. I have exciting things on the horizon, fantastic work projects, exciting friends, things to do. 

I wonder where all of this will end up? I married a lazy sloth who came across as a go-getter with attitude. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2017 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 29, 2017 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Mine was the same lol. Until I did the same thing you are about to. No more being home when he got off work with dinner on the table, no more informing him when he was home where I was going or when I'd be back. Didn't take him long to wonder wtf was happening. Lol I just shrugged and told him if he wants to rot away on the couch go for it, I have a life to live and no longer interested in his nonsense, he can be miserable by himself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 29, 2017 at 2:06 PM
Did he get off the couch?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Mine was the same lol. Until I did the same thing you are about to. No more being home when he got off work with dinner on the table, no more informing him when he was home where I was going or when I'd be back. Didn't take him long to wonder wtf was happening. Lol I just shrugged and told him if he wants to rot away on the couch go for it, I have a life to live and no longer interested in his nonsense, he can be miserable by himself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 29, 2017 at 2:10 PM
3 moms liked this
Yup, changed his attitude as well. I guess it's true when they say misery loves company. But no thank you to that!

That's not to say I run him ragged, he still lounges around here and there, or we have fun movie night, but NOTHING like before. Plus he gets more sex cuz he's not being a lazy slob lol win win!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Did he get off the couch?
Quoting Anonymous 2: Mine was the same lol. Until I did the same thing you are about to. No more being home when he got off work with dinner on the table, no more informing him when he was home where I was going or when I'd be back. Didn't take him long to wonder wtf was happening. Lol I just shrugged and told him if he wants to rot away on the couch go for it, I have a life to live and no longer interested in his nonsense, he can be miserable by himself.
Theresa1209
by Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
You do you girl. Have fun with your new exciting adventures
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 29, 2017 at 7:37 PM

How are bills being paid if "He does NOTHING."?

Careyon
by on Jan. 1, 2018 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Is this how he grew up?  My hisband is the same, but this is how he grew up.  So you have to look at how he grew up and make him see how wonderful it is to get out and have fun.  How long have you guys been married.  What did you guys did when you were dating?  Don't give up on him.  Have a talk with him about how you're bored and need some excitement and that you would like for him to be a part of it.  Say a prayer for him and for your patience with him.  Just know you're not alone, we all have one lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2018 at 1:01 PM

Quoting Anonymous 4:

None of your business, thank you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 1:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I don't think he is the one who is lazy.  =]

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2018 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Gosh, thanks for that piece of enlightenment!  That intelligent comment JUST CHANGED OUR LIVES!  You are an incredible INTERNET PSYCHIC!  LMAO.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think that this has anything to do with o/p's husband's occupation or ability to support a family, but more of what he does in the time that he has when he is not at work working. 

My X was the same way.  Work, home, eat, TV... and weekends were, exactly the same, minus the work. Nothing else was EVER done, unless I did it.  The house was miraculously cleaned, the food just appeared when he wanted to eat and by some strange miracle, the dished walk themselves to the kitchen and cleaned themselves for when he needed them again to eat.

And before you judge, I worked too, as well as doing the majority of the child care of our two little ones.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Gosh, thanks for that piece of enlightenment!  That intelligent comment JUST CHANGED OUR LIVES!  You are an incredible INTERNET PSYCHIC!  LMAO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)