Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Deadbeat dads....

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2017 at 9:37 PM
  • 18 Replies
I made the choice years to raise my niece and nephew because my sister couldn't. It would be tight, but I had a decent job so on I went. Cut to many years later and an unforeseen change to a shitty paying job, and so yes right now I do need help from the government so that we can survive. I'm sorry if that offends the snowflakes, but right now it's about survival. I received exactly $126 in child support this year. I just received a statement showing how much 1 of the dads owes as of 2017-over $19000 . I will never see this money and it's infuriating to think of how much of a difference those payments would make.
Vent over
by on Dec. 31, 2017 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2017 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Deadbeat mom too. She's no better.
auntiemom2002
by Member on Dec. 31, 2017 at 9:53 PM
I wrestle with that...she is developmentally delayed and tries to mimic what she sees as normal...as in, my friends (who also have issues) have kids, I want kids. She desperately longs to be "normal" She actually wanted her tubes tied after the first one but the catholic hospital wouldn't do it. The deadbeat dad in question definitely has mental issues but has been capable of holding down jobs when he wanted to

Quoting Anonymous 1: Deadbeat mom too. She's no better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2017 at 9:54 PM
I think this is why children should be vetted out to qualified adoption applicants if the bio parents can't raise them.
tklrcl2014
by Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely not! NO child should be yanked out of a mother's arms just because she is developmentally challenged. Especially when there is family that can help.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think this is why children should be vetted out to qualified adoption applicants if the bio parents can't raise them.

Mom to:  Tyler (19) Katie (18) Logan (14) Ryan (13) Connor (12) and Lexie (11)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 11:15 AM
That's not what I was saying. I was saying if they are removed from the parents I think authorities should stop putting so much emphasis on keeping them in the family. There should be standards.

Quoting tklrcl2014:

Absolutely not! NO child should be yanked out of a mother's arms just because she is developmentally challenged. Especially when there is family that can help.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think this is why children should be vetted out to qualified adoption applicants if the bio parents can't raise them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 1:54 PM
Her family isn't "helping" Her sister is LITERALLY TAKING CARE OF THE KIDS LIKE A MOTHER WOULD. There is a HUGE difference.

Quoting tklrcl2014:

happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 2:07 PM

Apply for everything you can. Turn over all the info on the mom and dad and let the system decide what should happen regarding CS. GL

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:12 AM

I deal with deadbeat parents all the time in my job.  There is nothing worse than a parent that purposely decides not to support their children.  I have no mercy for them when I get their asses in a courtroom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:56 AM

Are you getting any help from your parent's seeing that they are the grandchildren of their own daughter? 

I believe your sister will never step up to the plate and be a mother to her own children.  Being place in foster care and eventually adopted out would have been better and perhaps she would have gotten her act together quicker since she couldn't see them whenever she wanted like she does now. 

What is matter with her and where is she living now?

Curlymom234
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 12:29 PM

Well that's what public assistance is for- if you hit hard times. Do you have legal custody? Can't you go after the guy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)