Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it over?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2018 at 9:47 PM
  • 10 Replies
Ok, so my husband and I have had some rough times in a nut shell I moved 2 of 4 of our kids 150 miles away for a job that didn't work out. He said that if I got a job in my hometown and kept it a year then he would move everyone. I've been trying to get him to move there. Now he calls me on the phone and says he hasn't felt loved and hasn't been happy for awhile. It sounded like he is done with us. In a way I guess I feel like I've let my family down by moving. But the kids are happy with it because they all have their own room. So I guess I caused it but I wanted to get away from abusiveness. He is emotionally abusive. He makes me out to be the bad person. But when I was talking to him on the phone he kept telling the boys in the background to go into the other room so he could talk to me in private. I keep expecting him to tell me he wants a divorce. A part of me is sad and a part of me not so much because for the first time in my life I am independent. My fear is I will be alone being I've moved to where I grew up and don't have many friends. What do you think?
by on Jan. 1, 2018 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmandaK84
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 9:57 PM
Are you and DH the parents to all 4 kids? Or are 2 your kids and 2 his?
momofk
by Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:06 PM
They are both of ours.
momofk
by Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:08 PM
They are all our kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:09 PM
Holy fuck so u just took two kids??? Let the other two live with the abuse?
momofk
by Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:14 PM
The other two are my oldest 17 and 15. I couldn't convince them to come with me. They thought staying was the best option. I couldn't exactly force them into the car when they are bigger than me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:48 AM
This post makes no sense lol. You put yourself in that situation. If your 17 and 15 year olds are still dependent on you, fuck yes you can make them move. I'd figure out your shit and get divorced.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:55 AM

Where do the kids have their own rooms were you are at, where you live at or with your husband? 

If you are unemployed because the job didn't work out how are you paying your bills where you are at now? 

Do you have family where you are at now other than not having friends?

Mom2theboy1994
by Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, you sound over the marriage. I would venture to say that the marriage is over.
amstcole
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2018 at 1:28 PM

like to hear his side...did you just take them to this new job without talking to him?  Maybe try counseling - both of you- and see what happens.  Praying you come up with solutions.

momofk
by Member on Jan. 9, 2018 at 9:08 PM
No, he knew about my leaving and in fact he encouraged it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)