Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy Holidays you guys!!! My post may be weird... but I honestly didnt know what else to do. I dont have many friends I dont get out and I dont have much family. Im posting today because I wonder if there are any Moms who have been in my shoes. Im 28, (birthday just passed dec 7th)..and I have a 8 year old Son. I have so many dreams and aspirations but they seem so out of reach because I have no support from anyone. It seems like my life is at an halt because I dont have the proper resources for me and my child. Life is hard... I work 16 hour shifts almost everyday as a cna. I love my job because Im a very compassionate person and Im grateful that I could be a blessing to the elderly, but picking up and moving people those many hours a day, 6 or 7 days out of a week, Im going to kill myself. This is the only way I can survive, pay my bills on my own, take care of me and my child.. but working this much requires me to be away from him. My son is getting older and he's starting to realize that Mommy isnt there.. but I know he's too young to understand that it's for him, he's so sad at times. I would like to move forward with my goals and aspirations but I dont know how to do so as a single mother with no help. I dont have the money for daycare or to hire an outsider, but I wouldnt want to if I could. I want to just pack up me and my son, pick a state I think is best for us, and just move..start completely over. Ive thought maybe I could go to a shelter and go from there, I dont know but it's breaking my heart knowing that I cant be the Mom that I need to be for my child and he doesnt deserve that. Im trying to brain storm ways I can build a foundation that is strong enough for me and my Son so that I can go to school for a better life, be able to pay bills without pulling out my hair,...all while ensuring my baby is growing up mentally healthy ..father figure being absent which he is also questioning is already alot on him. Really wish i could find a way to do everything on my own and be a successful single parent. I feel so claustrophobic because I aspire to do so much but Im in between a rock and a hard place. Any other moms been in this situation? How do I start fresh in a new state..I want to just take my baby and go be as great as I can be. Im just lost!! Dont know which way to turn.

by on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:54 PM
Replies (11-12):
meigemann
by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 8:45 PM

Hello,

I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes it seems like starting over would give you a clean slat to create the life you desire, however, most of the time it is not that easy. I'm not discouraging you from moving or relocating but just make sure you are running towards something and not running away from something. I've been a single mother for 16 years and i've been where you are. I was able to finally go back to school and will be graduating this year but it took me a long time. I don't know what your finacial situation or bills are like but I would start by cutting out anything that you don't really need...my kids and I didn't have cable tv for many years. Once you get your bills down maybe you can stop working so many hours and have more time at home, it sounds like that is what you want. Also try to look into financial aid if you're interested in going to school you maybe be able to get enough aid that a part time job would be enough to pay the bills. Don't stop dreaming big because I assure you your son is watching :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 4:47 AM

who watches your son 7 days a week??   is it even legal to work that??   so everyday you clock on, work, go home for 8 hours and are back at work??  how do you eat, clean, buy food ect ect, wash your clothes??   it does not make sense

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)