Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I finally got rid of him!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I have this ex, and don't ask why, but 2 years after our relationship ended we continued to be "friends". I put it in quotations because it was very one sided with me putting in all the effort. I honestly don't know why I held on so long. Stupidity I think. He is on the verge of being a narcissistic sociopath. There was a lot of gaslighting and not taking responsibility for the messed up stuff he did to me, somehow it was all my fault. This was in both our relationship and friendship. Something clicked the other day and I decided I've had enough. I gave him 2 weeks to get his phone transferred to his own line and off mine and we owe money to our old apartment building so I did the math, calculated put his half and gave him all the info to get it paid. Told him this was it and to not contact me anymore.

It feels great! I already feel lighter. I have an awesome feeling for this coming up year. I'm getting my finances in order and finally doing the things I've been thinking and talking about for years. I don't think it's all because of him. I think because I finally decided to get my shit together, he ended up being a part of my life I needed to let go. That mixed with this new found determination I've never felt before, I'm so excited to see what 2018 has in store for me!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2018 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2018 at 3:21 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 3:25 PM
Has he paid his portion and transferred the phone yet?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2018 at 3:29 PM
No. He has until the 10th. I told him if he doesn't get it done I'll just cut off his line and he'll have a phone with no service.

As for what we owe our apartment, I haven't given him a timeline. I just gave him the account number and where he goes to pay it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Has he paid his portion and transferred the phone yet?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this
If he's a narcissist, he'll probably drag this out so just be prepared to not officially be rid of him or to have to pay his portion.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No. He has until the 10th. I told him if he doesn't get it done I'll just cut off his line and he'll have a phone with no service.

As for what we owe our apartment, I haven't given him a timeline. I just gave him the account number and where he goes to pay it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 3:46 PM

"I honestly don't know why I held on so long."

If you think about it carefully you would know why. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2018 at 3:59 PM
Everything is blocked and honestly, if I have to end up paying it, I'll just do it. It shouldn't have to be that way but if it helps rid me of it, so be it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If he's a narcissist, he'll probably drag this out so just be prepared to not officially be rid of him or to have to pay his portion.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No. He has until the 10th. I told him if he doesn't get it done I'll just cut off his line and he'll have a phone with no service.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2018 at 3:59 PM
Okay cool thanks.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

"I honestly don't know why I held on so long."

If you think about it carefully you would know why. 

Shadylady33
by Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:47 PM

Way to go, Girl!! You deserve happiness and peace of mind.  Someone that brings strife to your life is not worth having in your life.

congrats2you rockgood luckbowing down

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! 💜💜💜

Quoting Shadylady33:

Way to go, Girl!! You deserve happiness and peace of mind.  Someone that brings strife to your life is not worth having in your life.

congrats2you rockgood luckbowing down

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)