Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For all those that are depressed or suicidal...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
4 moms liked this
I was once so depressed it hurt to breath. There were moments that I smiled on the outside but inside I wanted to die. I tried to kill myself by taking a bottle of sleeping pills in my running car in my garage. I felt like I would do better by my kids by being gone from their lives. I felt 100% without value. I planned my death. Made sure my life insurance would pay out at my death and had it all worked out. That was 7 years ago.

Somehow i survived. I recovered and ended an abusive relationship.

Today I played with the grandkids I’d have never met. Today I told my daughters I loved them. They would have been 3 had I died and wouldn’t have remembered me. I made brownies for school. I worked all day. I’m so tired. It was mundane and boring today. But it’s more than I would have had and means so very much.

Staying alive has been worth it. The years of counseling, the agony of divorcing my dearly loved husband (who was abusing me), the self doubts and demons I had to face...was all worth it to see my grandson hug me and my daughter kiss my cheek today.

How sad if I had missed these moments.

Please stay alive.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2018 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2018 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I tried to overdose on pills 8 years ago. I still have moments where I wish I had succeeded, but I am grateful to be here. If I had succeeded, my youngest wouldn't be here. There are days where it's a struggle and I lose sight of why I should still be here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2018 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I’m glad you’re here! Unless you’re one of the posters I can’t stand, then meh. 😉
maliksmama2
by Member on Jan. 11, 2018 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I hope your post helps someone. I have a mental disorder that makes me struggle on and off with depression and suicidal thoughts ever since I was a child. It's not easy but I'm still here at 26 years old.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 11, 2018 at 7:11 PM
Your post just brought tears to my eyes
You have no idea

I needed this today
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2018 at 8:55 AM
Sorry if you’re going through something. I literally feel like I killed myself. But it gets better with some effort.

Today I feel gratitude that I am alive.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Your post just brought tears to my eyes
You have no idea

I needed this today
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2018 at 8:56 AM
Keep going! There is so much you don’t want to miss!

Quoting maliksmama2: I hope your post helps someone. I have a mental disorder that makes me struggle on and off with depression and suicidal thoughts ever since I was a child. It's not easy but I'm still here at 26 years old.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2018 at 8:57 AM
I hope not but nobody says they dislike me. I don’t post often.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I’m glad you’re here! Unless you’re one of the posters I can’t stand, then meh. 😉
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2018 at 8:58 AM
Keep going. Your kid needs you! Find small joys in life. Above all practice self care!

Quoting Anonymous 2: I tried to overdose on pills 8 years ago. I still have moments where I wish I had succeeded, but I am grateful to be here. If I had succeeded, my youngest wouldn't be here. There are days where it's a struggle and I lose sight of why I should still be here.
Southern_Song
by Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 2:42 PM
Southern_Song
by Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 2:44 PM
That's horrible. So if you dislike a person you're not happy they didn't commit suicide, essentially them dying and being miserable before death was okay? Seems you should be the one disliked.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I’m glad you’re here! Unless you’re one of the posters I can’t stand, then meh. 😉
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)