Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Remember MLK today

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:15 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

He was a great man,but his dream isn't completely were it should be. Let's honor Martin Luther King.
by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I listened to his speech today on the radio and it brought tears to my eyes. I don't know how anyone can listen to it and not be touched.
hotspice58
by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 4:06 AM
I went to a concert in his honor. Very thought-inspiring
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 4:13 AM
Milk day is over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 4:13 AM
Lol MLK

Quoting Anonymous 1: Milk day is over.
Southern_Song
by Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 5:45 AM
1 mom liked this
He was a well known adulterer. He preached but didn't practice what he preached.

, as the federal holiday commemorating the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. approaches, a years-old item that refers to the famous civil rights leader as “a phony, a cheater, a traitor, and a sexual degenerate” is circulated anew:

Four things you didn’t know about Martin Luther King

1. His name wasn’t Martin Luther. It was Michael. It was decided Martin Luther had a more prominent ring to it, so he went by that. He never legally changed his name. To this day, he lived and died as Michael King.

2. While working on his dissertation for his doctoral degree at Boston University, he heavily plagiarized from another author who had done research on a subject similar to King’s. As academic committee later found that over half of King’s work was plagiarized, yet would not revoke his doctrine. King was dead by this time, and the committee ruled that revoking the title would serve no purpose. It was also discovered that King’s famous I HAVE A DREAM speech was also not his own. He stole it from a sermon by Archibald Carey, a popular black preacher in the 1950’s.

3. King was under FBI surveillance for several years (until he died) due to his ties with communist organizations throughout the country. King accepted money from the organizations to fund his movements. In return, King had to appoint communist leaders to run certain districts of his SCLC (Southern Christian Leadership Conference), who then could project their communist ideas to larger audiences. A federal judge in the 60’s ruled that the FBI files on King links to communism to remain top-secret until 2027. Senator Jesse Helms appealed to the Supreme Court in 1983 to release the files, so the correct bill in the Senate to create the Martin Luther King Federal Holiday could be abolished. He was denied.

4. One of King’s closest friends, Rev. Ralph Abernathy, wrote a book in 1989 in which he talked about King’s obsession with white prostitutes. King would often use church donations to have drunken sex parties, where he would hire two to three white prostitutes, occasionally beating them brutally. This has also been reported by the FBI agents who monitored King. King was married with four children.

Martin Luther King Day. A day when this country will come to a screeching halt so we can have parades and memorials to honor this man, a man that most of the world views as a saint for his role in the civil rights movement. No other public holiday in the United States honors a single individual. Of all the great leaders in our Nation’s history-none of them have their own holiday. All of our great war heroes share Memorial Day. All of our great presidents share President’s Day. Yet king — a man who was a phony, a cheater, a traitor, and a sexual degenerate gets a day of his own.
onisionfan
by Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 10:25 AM
Don't believe everything people write.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 3:44 PM

Thank you for sharing this!  This was a really good read and I believe everything you posted here. The problem is all his supporters and people who Idolize this man will never believe it because you know darn well they will be in denial of it. Most of whom are Liberals. Heck, most liberals don't want to acknowledge the truth even if it was right in front of their stupid faces.

Tbh with you, both myself and my husband both agree that this damn holiday is just a feel good holiday for the African American communities that's it. My DH and I don't give one rats you know what about this stupid Holiday. It just F***'s things up period!

It's a day for the Federal Government to be lazy. It's a day some schools decide to be lazy and not be in session(Heck, for that matter public schools rarely do seem to be in session much anymore these days). Public schools take off more days than they are in session. That's how lazy our society has gotten but taking off for this stupid holiday is absurd.

Anyway, I again want to Thank you for doing your research and sharing this. Ignore those that will berate you for sharing this because they just can't handle the truth of things or are Bleeding Heart Sympathetic Liberals who can't think straight lol.

I personally don't care what anyone thinks what I have to say. If they need to go crying to their safe place or what not because they will get all offended personally that's not my problem lmao!

Quoting Southern_Song: He was a well known adulterer. He preached but didn't practice what he preached. , as the federal holiday commemorating the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. approaches, a years-old item that refers to the famous civil rights leader as “a phony, a cheater, a traitor, and a sexual degenerate” is circulated anew: Four things you didn’t know about Martin Luther King 1. His name wasn’t Martin Luther. It was Michael. It was decided Martin Luther had a more prominent ring to it, so he went by that. He never legally changed his name. To this day, he lived and died as Michael King. 2. While working on his dissertation for his doctoral degree at Boston University, he heavily plagiarized from another author who had done research on a subject similar to King’s. As academic committee later found that over half of King’s work was plagiarized, yet would not revoke his doctrine. King was dead by this time, and the committee ruled that revoking the title would serve no purpose. It was also discovered that King’s famous I HAVE A DREAM speech was also not his own. He stole it from a sermon by Archibald Carey, a popular black preacher in the 1950’s. 3. King was under FBI surveillance for several years (until he died) due to his ties with communist organizations throughout the country. King accepted money from the organizations to fund his movements. In return, King had to appoint communist leaders to run certain districts of his SCLC (Southern Christian Leadership Conference), who then could project their communist ideas to larger audiences. A federal judge in the 60’s ruled that the FBI files on King links to communism to remain top-secret until 2027. Senator Jesse Helms appealed to the Supreme Court in 1983 to release the files, so the correct bill in the Senate to create the Martin Luther King Federal Holiday could be abolished. He was denied. 4. One of King’s closest friends, Rev. Ralph Abernathy, wrote a book in 1989 in which he talked about King’s obsession with white prostitutes. King would often use church donations to have drunken sex parties, where he would hire two to three white prostitutes, occasionally beating them brutally. This has also been reported by the FBI agents who monitored King. King was married with four children. Martin Luther King Day. A day when this country will come to a screeching halt so we can have parades and memorials to honor this man, a man that most of the world views as a saint for his role in the civil rights movement. No other public holiday in the United States honors a single individual. Of all the great leaders in our Nation’s history-none of them have their own holiday. All of our great war heroes share Memorial Day. All of our great presidents share President’s Day. Yet king — a man who was a phony, a cheater, a traitor, and a sexual degenerate gets a day of his own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 3:46 PM

Well Put! :)

Quoting Southern_Song: He was a well known adulterer. He preached but didn't practice what he preached. , as the federal holiday commemorating the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. approaches, a years-old item that refers to the famous civil rights leader as “a phony, a cheater, a traitor, and a sexual degenerate” is circulated anew: Four things you didn’t know about Martin Luther King 1. His name wasn’t Martin Luther. It was Michael. It was decided Martin Luther had a more prominent ring to it, so he went by that. He never legally changed his name. To this day, he lived and died as Michael King. 2. While working on his dissertation for his doctoral degree at Boston University, he heavily plagiarized from another author who had done research on a subject similar to King’s. As academic committee later found that over half of King’s work was plagiarized, yet would not revoke his doctrine. King was dead by this time, and the committee ruled that revoking the title would serve no purpose. It was also discovered that King’s famous I HAVE A DREAM speech was also not his own. He stole it from a sermon by Archibald Carey, a popular black preacher in the 1950’s. 3. King was under FBI surveillance for several years (until he died) due to his ties with communist organizations throughout the country. King accepted money from the organizations to fund his movements. In return, King had to appoint communist leaders to run certain districts of his SCLC (Southern Christian Leadership Conference), who then could project their communist ideas to larger audiences. A federal judge in the 60’s ruled that the FBI files on King links to communism to remain top-secret until 2027. Senator Jesse Helms appealed to the Supreme Court in 1983 to release the files, so the correct bill in the Senate to create the Martin Luther King Federal Holiday could be abolished. He was denied. 4. One of King’s closest friends, Rev. Ralph Abernathy, wrote a book in 1989 in which he talked about King’s obsession with white prostitutes. King would often use church donations to have drunken sex parties, where he would hire two to three white prostitutes, occasionally beating them brutally. This has also been reported by the FBI agents who monitored King. King was married with four children. Martin Luther King Day. A day when this country will come to a screeching halt so we can have parades and memorials to honor this man, a man that most of the world views as a saint for his role in the civil rights movement. No other public holiday in the United States honors a single individual. Of all the great leaders in our Nation’s history-none of them have their own holiday. All of our great war heroes share Memorial Day. All of our great presidents share President’s Day. Yet king — a man who was a phony, a cheater, a traitor, and a sexual degenerate gets a day of his own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 3:49 PM
You DO know they would send him in talking about love and tolerance and send Malcom X to try and rile everyone up right? He wasn’t a good man he cheated on his wife constantly, and allowed himself to be used knowing Malcolm X was coming right after to incite riots.
Shai4710
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 10:30 AM

His dream is far from realization.  People are more cruel and violent than ever. Black people have completely undermined everything he was trying to do for them. Then we have white cops murdering black people and gettin away with it. He preached non violence and to love one another and stand up for one another. None of that seems to be happening these days. Today it’s all about self and how many followers you can get on social media. I could go on but I would be typing forever. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)