Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice On How To Handle Gossiping New Neighbors

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:26 PM
  • 14 Replies
I need advice on how to handle them politely. One day my son was at their house playing with their son who is six . Two hours later, the woman neighbor with the mom of with a three year old girl comes over saying my son asked the girl if his pee-pee. I asked if she heard him say it or seen him touch her and said no she was inside her house; the little girl was outside with no adults at the time. She said that's what the little girl said so I spanked and grounded my son for a week. Thing is neighbor man went around telling the whole street and my son has been made out to be a pedophile over night. I've been living on this street for eight years and not one parent has ever came to me complaining about my son messing with any of their children. My son is not a mature twelve. Should I say something or let it go?
by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:31 PM

A 12 year old should know better.  Is he mentally handicapped?

Momoffour83
by Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:34 PM
Yes but that's no excuse

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

A 12 year old should know better.  Is he mentally handicapped?

mommytoeandb
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 6:04 PM
Huh?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 12:42 AM
You need to get your son some type of professional help. You didn't help the situation at all by spanking him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 12:42 AM
You need to get your son some type of professional help. You didn't help the situation at all by spanking him.
happymia
by Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 12:44 AM
If your son did that then I'm glad he told the other families to protect their children. At 12, even an immature 12, knows that's wrong.
Southern_Song
by Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 5:54 AM
If this has never happened until the gossipy attention seekers moved in I would never automatically assume my child was the liar. He's mentally handicapped but it would have happened before now. Too many coincidences.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You need to get your son some type of professional help. You didn't help the situation at all by spanking him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 6:58 AM
I'm not even sure what you are saying happened. He said something about a pee pee to a girl? The neighbors made something up? Whatever the case, I'd just not allow him over there again, then he can't do anything, and they can't make more things up about him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 9:32 AM
You need to worry about getting your son help instead of worrying about what neighbors are saying.
Momoffour83
by Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 8:55 PM
No one has ever come to my door complaining about my son touching their daughters. This didn't happen until the neighbors moved in. He has been helpful to people on our street.

Quoting Southern_Song: If this has never happened until the gossipy attention seekers moved in I would never automatically assume my child was the liar. He's mentally handicapped but it would have happened before now. Too many coincidences.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You need to get your son some type of professional help. You didn't help the situation at all by spanking him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)